“Great and innovative pasta dishes”
Review of Pasta Piatti - CLOSED

Pasta Piatti
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Seattle
“Great and innovative pasta dishes”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have eaten here several times during annual visits to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, and have never been disappointed. The food is great and service is near perfect. The only quibble is that the indoor booths are small, cramped, and thus a bit uncomfortable. As the name implies, the menu is dominated by pasta dishes, but these often include very generous portions of meat or seafood. The wine list is solid and reasonably priced.

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Casual Atmosphere, Good Food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Spirited atmosphere, interesting varied menu, good wine choices at reasonable prices. Service was mostly good, server forgot our salad (we didn't remind her as we didn't want our salad with our entree) but we recognized she was getting slammed by an after-function rush. Crab Ravioli was very good, as was the Italian sausage/meatball spaghetti in spicy ragu. Meatballs were tasty but dense, sausage was italian spiced and good. Fresh warm bread complimentary was nice. Wheat free menu could be a draw. Enjoyable meal at a reasonable price.

Visited October 2012
Bend, Oregon
“Most excellent food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I went out to "Pasta Piatti" last night in Ashland. She had the crab-stuffed raviolli and I had the special which was a fillet of swordfish in a tomato based seafood stew of manila clams on saffron.

First off I have never been a seafood fan beyond fish and chips. I have also always had an aversion to shellfish. So with some trepidation I awaited my dinner. Not to worry it far exceeded my expectations. The swordfish was somewhat blackened with a superb tarter-like sauce on top. The texture and taste of the swordfish were better than any steak I have eaten.

I sampled one manila clam before giving them to my wife. It was alright, just a little chewy. I should note that there were also fingerling potatoes in the stew.

My wife proclaimed that her crab-stuffed ravioli was perhaps the best meal that she had ever eaten.

There was a little bit too much of the tarter sauce on my swordfish otherwise I would have given this a 5 star review.

Sacramento, California
“Better than any in Sacramento”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We live in Sacramento and often enjoy the many good Italian restaurants. For quality and price Pasta Piatti beats them all. My mushroom risotto was one of my best ever. Only the best of Italian restaurants even attempt risotto.

Portland, Oregon
“We go back every year!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place has the ambiance, the great service and the stellar menu. Dexter was a very memorable waiter who attended to our every need and entertained us as well. He also takes a mean photo! We love to dine on the outdoor patio with its white lights and great atmosphere. The wine selection is fantastic, we have always had a wonderful meal here. We try different restaurants in Ashland every year but always dine at Pasta Piatti one evening while we are in town. Best Girls' weekend ever!!

Visited September 2012