“I live in Ashland and this is the family...”

Omar's Fresh Seafood and Steaks
Ranked #15 of 162 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I live in Ashland and this is the family favorite! Go for it! Order fish or seafood, always fresh.

1  Thank 2scape

Reviewed October 14, 2009

I have been going to Ashland, Oregon for 23 years for the Shakespeare Festival. Every time I go I eat at Omar's at least once. The best steak and seafood you can get for a reasonable price, and consistently good. I drive 7-1/2 hours to get there, so you know it is good. My favorite--steak and shrimp. YUMMMM.

1  Thank RobertaD326
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Had an excellent and relaxing meal at Omar’s. The decor is a bit of a throwback to the early 70’s but the food was very well prepared and service friendly and personable. A very good value for the money

Reviewed August 14, 2009

We met my mom in Ashland and saw many plays (teenage kids, middle age parents, older mama). We wanted a special restaurant and Omar's was recommended. I'm not a fan of most steakhouses and Omar's was expensive but not impressive. It smelled a little of old meat. The food was adequate, but I am rarely so hungry I want to pay to eat food that's not completely fresh. Not the best Ashland has to offer, though they've been there a long time, so perhaps it was an off-night.

Reviewed June 20, 2009

for a number of years, every time we have visited Ashland, we have wondered about this place. Now we know, it may be the worst restaurant ever... we went this past Thursday at about 7:00pm. The main dining room was fairly busy so we were seated in a dingy, dreary side room. The only two parties there left soon after we arrived as did several from the main dining room. Even though more diners arrived, no one else was seated where we were. Our server knew nothing about the wine list (nice wine glasses by the way, did you get them at the same place Shari's gets theirs?) We started with what is supposed to be Omar's signature appetizer- deep fried zucchini fingers. What we got was coated,limp, overcooked and tasteless. The server "forgot" to clear our salad stuff away so she had to put our entrees down on an empty table and clear salad plates etc. The food was sad- the place is supposed to be known for its steaks. Mine was cooked right, but it had no flavor, was dry and full of gristle.Honestly, I ate at a Sizzler once and had a better steak! The mashed potatoes were luke warm. The veggies? I think they had been there since this dump first opened in 1946. My wife had halibut that was also tasteless and bland and was covered with about a bottle and a half of capers. Water glasses were never refilled and even though we were the only ones in the dining room, we did not see our server again untill we had eaten all of this slop we could stomach. Fifteen minutes later, I had to go find an employee to get our check. With the great dining options in Ashland, this place was a waste of $ 70.00. Who writes the good reviews for this joint? People who think a Grand Slam Breakfast at Denny's is a fine culinary experience?I would have enjoyed a Big Mac more than this meal.Hey, I LOVE quirky hole in the wall places and have NEVER written a bad review before-I am not real picky. But, this place should be demolished! Don't be tempted- GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!