“Omar's has to be experienced”

Omar's Fresh Seafood and Steaks
Ranked #19 of 168 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have been an ongoing patron to Omar's for over a year and it has never let me down. From duck confit to cured smoked salmon and halibut Omar's has everything you are looking for. Great bar staff and always a hearty welcome when coming in through the door. It cannot be overstated the gratitude I feel toward the staff at Omar's. They always treat you right and I highly recommend giving them a look-see. Thanks Omar's for all the memories and the many more to come!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great food and service..............kind of looks a bit old and rundown on the outside, but the inside is kind of cozy and we felt really comfortable! The service was outstanding and although we just had appetizers and drinks in the bar everything was really good, fresh and tasted home-made. Probably the best deep fried zucchini I have EVER had anywhere! Portions are good size and prices are fair!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Omar's was recommended for dinner by a friend who comes to Ashland for several days every year for the Shakespeare Festival. So let's assume my first, and last, time at Omar's was not representative of its normal offerings as he and most reviews would have you believe. I'll begin with the salad. The best part was the dressing. Otherwise wilted lettuce, a few grated carrot pieces, croutons and grape tomatoes was below average at best. My MIL couldn't cut her chicken fried steak and is one of those people who doesn't want to be a "nuisance" and complain. She didn't eat much, and our wait person pretended she didn't notice. On the positive side she did like the vegetables and mashed potatoes that came with her meal. My top sirloin was tasty and cooked as ordered but had too much grizzle for a restaurant that has steak in its name and the baked potato was served cool enough not to melt the butter. The albacore tuna special was pasta in a sauce with a few small pieces of really strong tuna. Delicate and flavorful do not come to mind as words to describe the special. Service was more on the side of cold rather than welcoming so all in all Omar's is a pass next time I'm in Ashland. " Oh my"!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

As our stay in Ashland was the last night of our holiday so we were looking for something a bit different where we could linger and enjoy a nice bottle of wine with a meal that offered choices that were different to the usual. Omar's didn't disappoint. The atmosphere was informal and the olde charm made for a much more relaxed dining experience. The waitress was most helpful and made sure we really enjoyed our last night in the USA.

The food was excellent and the sauce on the chicken delicious. It's clear that they take pride in preparing food with much more flavour than the usual dining establishments.

If you are looking for something a bit special then Omar's is the place to go.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went to Omar's for dinner, and entering this restaurant felt like taking a step back in time: dark panelled wooden walls and red vinyl banquettes. We were promptly seated and offered the menu,which offers a large variety of seafood, steaks and other choices.The waitress was very knowledgeable about the food and also accommodated our requests(more vegetables, no potatoes.)The helpings were large enough. We shared a seafood stew and pork chop with vegetables.The food arrived promptly, and both choices were tasty. The prices are very much in keeping with other steak and seafood restaurants,but the quality is honest food which is obviously prepared on the premises and not something canned or out of a package.

Been to Omar's Fresh Seafood and Steaks? Share your experiences!