Review Highlights
Gorgeous Spot, Spotty Service

We rate wineries by how much we enjoy the setting and the sommelier as we do by how much we like... read more

Reviewed August 17, 2018
Iambic
Portland, Oregon
Enjoyable Wine Tasting at Paschal Winery, Ashland, Oregon

We enjoyed our wine tasting at Paschal Winery. The winery has good wines and scenic views... read more

Reviewed June 6, 2017

from $95.00
from $89.00
from $95.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Having visited this winery three times in the last four months, the peacefully sylvan setting (hilltop territorial views, a pond replete with feathered friends, well-tended vineyard, etc.) alone along with the sweetly knowledgeable guidance dispensed by the hosts (Aga and Sylwia) would have entice me to return "sometime." But, once I tasted the Civita and then the Tempranillo (I have to admit an almost irrational bias to the full-bodied red wines of from the vines of the Tempranillo), it was a foregone conclusion that I would become a frequent imbiber of Paschal Winery's ambrosial offerings.

Note: On my most recent visit, I was privileged to enjoy a glass or two of their now sold-out Merlot ~Tempranillo 2008 (A lovely blend!), but am eagerly awaiting their new wines from their nicely stewarded cellars!

Date of experience: July 2013
3  Thank BookGuyPDX
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The setting for this winery is very nice and the range of wines for an Oregon winery; is unbelievable. We loved the Viognier, the Tempranillo and the Syrah. The Pinot Noirs were very nice for Southern Oregon Pinots. It looked like there were nice lunches (we had already eaten) and Sylvia and Angnieska were wonderful hostesses. Try the terrific jellies at the bar. They pair nicely with many of the wines. All-in-all it was a happy coincidence to go to this beautiful winery and to meet two lovely women from Poland with whom we had so much in common. It proves that we live in a small world and that Oregon winery tastings are special because of the people who run the vineyards, wineries and tasting rooms.

Date of experience: June 2013
4  Thank LOMike
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This winery is still beautiful, but that is about all. For years we use to go all the time when friends came to town and once a month for local’s night. It was so warm and so friendly. The new owner has ruined it. So un-friendly, so cold.
I have been on the Bear Creek Wine Tour twice now (spring 11 and 12) and Pascal is one of the stops. Next time we will just skip Paschal. The staff acted like we were a bother. This spring the wine tour was placed in the basement and our group waited some time before someone even came down to serve us. (The owner) The wines have suffered too. What happened to the Claret that was so good? Did the original winemaker flee too?
Tried once again to give them another chance this summer. We came in to drink some glasses of wine on the porch. The 2 girls behind the counter did not say hello and barely made eye contact, then one finally made her way to us. Told her we were there to buy a few glasses and enjoy the view. Tried to engage her with smiles and compliments, with no luck. I asked to taste a couple (yes, 2) reds to decide what I would have, my friend had a taste (more like a tiny sip) of white before buying a glass.....she charged us $1 for each taste! I understand paying when you taste a flight. Never have I had to pay for a couple tastes when we were buying wine. We paid our $7 each for the glasses of wine, finished them and will never set foot in there again...... Until a new owner comes along.
I hate to diss on a local business, and I had many negative experiences to do so. (I just mentioned two) Luckily there are many great wineries in the valley, and more coming all the time. Just bummed because Pascal is in my town.

2  Thank Crywild
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The winery and tasting room are in a very pleasant setting. The tasting room is very well done. The charge for a full tasting is 8 dollars, which seems a bit high, but if you purchase at least 3 bottles of wine the cost of the tasting is deducted. Our server was pleasant enough. The wines are OK to my taste, not exceptional, but we did purchase 3 bottles. The wines are a bit pricey, but we like to help support the small wineries. I would rate it as well worth a visit.

2  Thank TexasTravelerGoGo
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a fun winery to visit. It's modeled after an old italian winery and is really picturesque. A great atmosphere to taste and consume some good wines. They have performers there a lot as well, so you never know what might be happening when you come. They have a number of wines and I like most all of them.

3  Thank Dream803231