“Charming meal on the front porch”

Alchemy Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Alchemy Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hargadine St
Description: Sept 1st, 2015 - Just named one of the Top 100 Restaurants for Foodies by OpenTable. We are a small fine dining restaurant that strives to use local ingredients to transmute our food, cocktails and dining experience into memorable evenings. We feature an award winning wine list with Certified Sommelier on staff to help, and inventive craft cocktails to wow the palate.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This restaurant is housed in a gorgeous Victorian Inn -- we sat on the front porch, other tables were inside the parlor, or on various patios around the garden -- beautiful.

The food was very good, the scallop starter was the best thing we had, followed by the mushroom soup.

Servers were friendly and helpful in getting us finished in time for an 8pm curtain at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival a few blocks away.

The prices seemed a little high for the area, but overall a very nice meal.

WinchesterInn, Manager at Alchemy Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your meal, the scallops are one of our favorites as well! Come back soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great menu selection & excellent food.
Service was first class.
We had wonderful conversations with nearby diners about the Shakespeare Theater.
Dined on the porch on a beautiful evening.

Thank you so much for the praise! As for the nearby diners, we're pleased that we could provide you with pleasant dining companions. Dining is always better in good company. Come again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My daughter and I were visiting Medford, and we drove over to Ashland to look around. We walked into Alchemy without a reservation, and had no problem being seated. Service was very attentive and friendly. The restaurant is in a Victorian era home, very nicely furnished and maintained. There was a good selection of appetisers and entres. My daughter and I were both very impressed with the quality of the food, and it was an excessent dining experience. Prices were relatively high, but well worth it. There was also a small outside seating area in a garden. I would not hesitate to return when I am again in the Ashland area.

We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Checked this place out last night. Can't wait to go back the next time in Ashland. The food was soooooo good I dreamt about it after going to bed. The Kristini cocktail was very special to start off the evening. My son had the Cup of Wishes cocktail and he was nice enough to share a taste--melon and cantaloupe infused gin. The soup of the day--sweet corn chowder was especially good. The beef Wellington sliders were awesome--just craved more. I had the chefs vegetarian plate which included five different servings of fresh and yummily prepared veggies and rice concoctions. The parsnip purée was excellent. My son had the halibut--OMG. I did not expect to get good halibut in Ashland but probably the best halibut perpetration I have ever tasted. The least favorite dish was the quail that my husband ordered. The presentation on it could have been better. This restaurant is located in the Winchester Inn Hotel. You don't have to be a guest of the hotel to stay there. Definitely try this lovely restaurant--the chef was voted Ashland's best chef last year. I'm sure that will be a repeated award this year!

Great! Sounds like you really enjoyed everything, glad we could provide some pleasant dreams! We can't wait to have you back again. Also, thanks for the support on next year's Chef of the Year Award! You can bet we'll be going after it.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We ate there March 29, 2012. The Beef Wellington sliders were ok, but 2 for $12 was pricey in my opinion. The house charcuterie plate was ok, we both liked the rabbit confit, the pork belly rillettes we so so and the shaved duck ham was very smoky flavored. I had the spinach and frisee salad with grilled pancetta which I thoroughly enjoyed. The soup of the day was a pea soup with truffle oil which was fabulous and I normally do not eat pea soup. I had the Duroc pork chop which was cooked to perfection and the sauce was great. My wife had the stuffed quail and thoroughly enjoyed it. For dessert I had the deconstructed lemon meringue pie, which was ok but a bit too sweet for my taste. My wife had the chocolate profiteroles which were ok but nothing spectacular compared to some we have had elsewhere.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the salad, soup and entrees. As for the appetizers and the dessert, we will look into it. We take constructive criticism very seriously, and if there is a way in which we can improve our dishes we welcome advice. Thank you for your candid and helpful review! Hope to see you again!