“Not Bad but Not Great”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Deli Downstairs
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was expecting a quick sandwich shop where my mom and I could get a little bite to eat. It seemed as though they were newer and did not have enough staff. It was a little slow and there wasn't much seating. I thought it was over priced for the food I got. It was a step up from a regular deli but not the best. I will probably pick somewhere different next time.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We ate wonderful Greek salads from this restaurant--took them back to the hotel twice they were so good--in June 2013. When we went back this year, though, the whole atmosphere of the place had changed so much that we did not even take out this trip!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stopped in a quick bite. And for just that it was fine. Again the sandwich was ok, nothing exceptional.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I always have a sandwich at this place when I'm in Ashland. Good, fresh, reasonably priced. The hot french dip is my favorite. It's right across from OSF downtown. Although it's below street level, there's natural light from above. Place was being renovated on this visit, main seating area was not open.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

As Ashland newcomers, we stumbled across the deli downstairs at random, and returned at least 2 more times. The sandwiches were delicious and a very good value, the air conditioning and comfortable seating were welcoming, and the staff was helpful. The staff we encountered went above and beyond to ensure that we enjoyed our food -- they wrapped salads, sides and condiments carefully for us to carry back to our B&B on a couple of occasions. I really appreciated all they did to serve us so well and so quickly when we were hot and tired tourists!