“Very Good Designer Thai”
Review of Thai Pepper

Thai Pepper
Ranked #19 of 160 Restaurants in Ashland
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I like this restaurant and their food. They have the traditional Thai dishes like Pad Thai (but it is unlike any other Pad Thai I have ever had, and I love it), curries, etc. they also have many dishes not found at the average Thai restaurant. Love their Indonesian lamb for example. They have a full vegetarian menu as well as their regular menu and you can order off either or both. This is a two story restaurant with a full bar and a bar menu on the top floor. The outside seating next to Ashland Creek is fabulous in late Spring to early Fall (lower level). Friendly and attentive staff, and even in the height of play-going season they can handle a full house well.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Four of us went to dinner at Thai Pepper. Each couple split one dinner. There was plenty of food for all of us.(we even had some to take home) We had a country curry dish with tofu. Very good!

Our waiter was excellent. His service was perfect and he even took the time to talk with us. Not rushed at all even though the restaurant was busy!

I would definitely go there again .

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Thai Pepper is a Thai fusion restaurant that has great food. It isn't authentic Thai food, however. Those looking for an authentic Thai experience will be disappointed. The decor is sophisticated. The menu is not all that diverse but the dishes they do serve are quite good. The satays, meat on a skewer, are excellent and priced very resonable. They have chicken, lamb, pork, and shrimp. These come with a generous scoop of rice and a small cucumber salad.

The coconut and bamboo shoot soup is my favorite.

They have a good selection of craft beers. A number of patrons were there for happy hour drinks which they appeared to be enjoying.

I would not recommend this place for small children. I have taken my 9 and 10 year olds and it was ok for them. I would also not recommend this restaurant for large groups as seating was not especially good for that. This place is an excellent place for 2 - 4 people before or after a play.

The service was fairly quick and it was reasonably priced.

1  Thank Matthew G
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The location of Thai Pepper in the summer is great because you can site outside on the creek. The food really isn't that impressive though and it is expensive. We knew it wouldn't be authentic Thai, but it wasn't even close.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We came here for happy hour. The Satay/small plates were priced between two and four dollars. They were tasty and came with a scoop of rice and cucumber salad. If I lived here I would eat dinner at happy hour.

Been to Thai Pepper? Share your experiences!