“Beautiful courtyard”

Peerless Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Peerless Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between "A" & "B" Street
Description: Located in the heart of Ashland's Historic Railroad & Gallery District, The Peerless is a lively sophisticated neighborhood restaurant & bar (located next to our historic six-room luxury inn "The Peerless Hotel") . The Peerless can be experienced in our relaxing dining room, friendly & intimate bar (Happy Hour from 5-6:00 Tues-Sat)or alfresco in our enchanting gardens. Our dinner menu features an array of small plates, as well as steaks, seafood and vegetarian entrees that capture the favors of the seasons and essence of the Pacific Northwest. Our extensive wine list showcases the best of Southern Oregon, the Willamette Valley, Washington and California as well as selections from classic old world wine regions. The Peerless approach to dining offers you a wonderful opportunity to celebrate fine wines, delectable food and good conversation in a warm and relaxing atmosphere.
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We really wanted to like this restaurant. We sat outside and it was lovely. Unfortunately, our waiter had a bit of an attitude. We ordered from a really nice variety of small plates. We did enjoy the meal though.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great wine selection, unique menu - good for vegetarians & carnivores alike. I've returned here a number of times; I've never been disappointed.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had dinner one night during a visit to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival at Peerless on Fourth Street. We ate on the restaurant’s patio, enjoying every minute of it. My husband had Washington state oysters—they are smaller than Chesapeake or Normandy oysters, a chilled melon soup, and a golden beet salad. The beets, with general consensus from the others had no taste, but everything else was good. I had a sampler platter of sliders and artichoke pizzas, which was a lot of fun to eat but a bit heavy. His starter was some calamari, very traditional, but served with a sweet and hot Thai dip. The other six in our party had a variety of dishes from fish to lamb. The wines, however, were the high points: We had the cellar’s last bottle of a 2013 Rogue Valley Sauvignon Blanc from J Scott Winery, which was full and delightfully dry without being acidic, and a 2010 Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley from Sotor Winery. A very pleasant meal--the kitchen did not understand "well done" for lamb, though, for one of our party, and it had to be sent back. Fixed.

1  Thank Lanxlad
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This restaurant is supposed to be the most upscale restaurant in Ashland. Sadly, the help doesn't help that reputation.
Our waiter had greasy hair, bad teeth and three days of stubble.
He was overworked, and overwhelmed! He made a mistake on our bill.
In addition the cook didn't listen to our request that the salmon be cooked well. It was cool and pink in the center!
When the tip alone comes to over $30.00 for two people I would expect better.
We'll continue our search for the best restaurant in Ashland, having assured myself that this is not it!

Peerlesson4th, Owner at Peerless Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. I do very much value your feedback and your comments will be shared with the staff. I do hope that you will join us again and I would personally welcome a call from you should you wish to discuss your visit further.

Crissy Barnett

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Probably the best meal we've had in our many years visiting Ashland. Just a block and a half off of Main Street in an area of cute shops, about 10 minutes from the theaters. We sat inside looking out on their large outdoor garden seating area (it was raining). Warm, elegant dining room. Their menu is very flexible: lots of creative small plates (even a 4-ounce filet mignon), burgers, and full-on meat and fish dishes. We loved their crispy kale which melted in your mouth like cotton candy. And my wife called their Butternut Squash Gnocchi "divine". My rack of lamb special was perfectly medium rare. Full bar and lots of wine by the glass. The service was very good--almost too quick, but I think that is because they wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get to our play. Wish we had had room for bigger desserts, but their two little truffles for $3 was a perfect way to end the meal.