“Relaxed and Elegant Dining”

Peerless Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Peerless Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 155 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between "A" & "B" Street
Description: Located in the heart of Ashland's Historic Railroad & Gallery District, The Peerless is a lively sophisticated neighborhood restaurant & bar (located next to our historic six-room luxury inn "The Peerless Hotel") . The Peerless can be experienced in our relaxing dining room, friendly & intimate bar (Happy Hour from 5-6:00 Tues-Sat)or alfresco in our enchanting gardens. Our dinner menu features an array of small plates, as well as steaks, seafood and vegetarian entrees that capture the favors of the seasons and essence of the Pacific Northwest. Our extensive wine list showcases the best of Southern Oregon, the Willamette Valley, Washington and California as well as selections from classic old world wine regions. The Peerless approach to dining offers you a wonderful opportunity to celebrate fine wines, delectable food and good conversation in a warm and relaxing atmosphere.
Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxed and Elegant Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Peerless Restaurant excels in friendly service, quality, and atmosphere. The varied menu ranging in price from $8 small dishes, salads and gourmet soups to $38 fresh, wild halibut is distinctly tasty and memorable. Peerless is my first choice for a special night out!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank bbishop140
Peerlesson4th, Owner at Peerless Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for the lovely comments. We hope to see you again very soon!!!

Oregon
“In Ashland? Don't miss Peerless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I come to this restaurant, oh, about 2 to3 times a week. Why? Because I can get a great burger for about $11 or a great natural seafood dish for about $38. In between there are many prices and many entrees to choose from. The staff is great, the ambiance---wonderful. The staff is great. As a local, this is my "go to" place. I will we back again before the end of the week. Ashland is a great town and this is a great restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank bbishop140Oregon
MB1967, Owner at Peerless Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear "bbishop140Oregon",

Thank you for the lovely comments and I look forward to your next visit!

Santa Barbara, Calif
“Overrated, overpriced but pleasant garden seating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Peerless is less than peerless now. We have been visiting for several years on our trips to the Shakespeare Festival. Clearly the restaurant is now resting on reputation more than on consistent performance.
We ordered small plates on this last visit. Of the 4 items ordered, one was just fine. Another, the steak dish, was not hot. The others may have been poor choices by us, but they did not ring the bell.
The Service was fine, but it appears the serving folks have a lot of social life things to chat about...rather than the sort of attention to the clientele one might have been accustomed to seeing.

That having been said, I am sure we will try them again in the hopes that they will get it together. (We would most likely go againbecause my wife would want to go again, I might just give it a skip.)

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Oski80
MB1967, Manager at Peerless Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear "Oski80",

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and I am sorry that we did not quite (as you wrote) "ring your bell". I do hope that you will join us again, so that we can more than meet your expectations. I would love to discuss your experience in more detail and I would welcome a call from you.

541-488-6067
“Best steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had a party of 8 at dinner before we attended Henry V. I ordered the sirloin steak and it was the best steak I have had since age 12 when my parents took me to Eugene's in Reno. Everyone in our party had a wonderful meal at the Peerless and we can hardly wait to go back next year!

Dear "Maiamitt",

I am glad you loved your steak. We look forward to your next visit!

Ashland, Oregon
“Exorbitant prices for boring food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

The halibut was fresh, which is the best that can be said for the main dish. The next good things were a nice plate presentation and a pleasant restaurant decor. The food was almost tasteless and even somewhat unpleasant, with a strange, attempted sauce with cooked or thawed, limp, slightly sour strawberries. The choice combination may have been made on the final visual product and not on its taste. Yet, for that price, one should expect a high level for both taste and presentation.
I can cook much better at home. I wouldn't have minded the dish as much if the price fit the cooking. But $40 for such a dish, and even an added cost because I wanted a substitution from the menu's mashed potatoes to more raw green vegetables, made me feel it was a waste of money, and a disppointment for my guest, whose birthday we came to celebrate. We are locals who won't return to this restaurant. We recommend that Peerless find a cook to match its quite overly high prices!!! We would love to recommend local restaurants...but definitely not this one!

Too bad for all of us!

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Anna Y
Dear Anna Y,

I am so sorry that your meal with us was so disappointing to you. Locals (like yourself) are the backbone of our business and I value your feedback. When we offer a $40.00 special we realize that there are high expectations for that entree and we want our patrons to feel like they got their monies worth. I would welcome a call from you to discuss your experience in more detail.

541-488-6067