“Terrific experience!”

Wiley's Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday 8am-2:30pm, Dinner 4:30pm-9pm Saturday and Sunday Brunch 9am-3pm Dinner 3pm-9pm
West Linn, Oregon
“Terrific experience!”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We have been here several times and have enjoyed EVERY single time... This guy knows how to make pasta! The sauces and toppings are great too - as well as the prices. Reasonable wine prices. Small, funky restaurant you won't dress up to go to, but kids are welcome. But the bottom line is the FOOD - and they do a good job...

Santa Barbara
“Fresh pasta and organic veggies”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

A funky place with fresh pasta and homemade pie. Great salads and veggies; everything organic. We had the smoked salmon ravioli with basil cream sauce and a special Chanterelle ravioli with marinara. A local's favorite, it's on Ashland Street a few blocks out of town. They have an interesting selection of local wine and microbrews. http://www.wileysworld.com/terms.html

Medford, Oregon
“Amazing, I went to wileys last week and the food was fantastic”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My husband and I arrived about seven pm.The place was packed but we were asured by others waiting for a table things moved pretty fast and I think we waited about ten minuits.During our wait we chatted with some friendly locals and discovered this is the local favorit. I cant get over the the food, friendly wait staff, and my husband put it 'a great vib.''I ordered off the special board wich had four to choose from. I had this incredable new york steak over fresh pasta with a cream and herb sauce, morels and shalots. truely to die for.Dinner came with salad and bread 1395.Ididnt see anything on the menue over 1450 Thier desserts where exelent to peanutbutter cheesecake do Ineed to say more.

Sonoma County
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You might like Wiley's if you have never been to a good restaurant!”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I can understand how some people would like Wiley's because the food appears to be healthy and their intention is to serve good food, but they come up far short. I live in Sonoma County in Northern California and it reminds me of one of the hippie restaurants in West County. The pasta is made fresh, but it was gummy and stuck together. We had four different pastas and none of us liked ours. I was actually able to eat the special pasta, but only after I mixed my salad in with the pasta. My daughter had the salmon ravioli, which wasn't bad, but the marinara sauce was very bland and sour. My other daughter had the pesto and it was very watery and seemed like it was pureed basil and pine nuts with way too little olive oil. Here are some signs that you might like this place; your wife doesn't shave her legs or armpits, you voted for Ralph Nader, organic food is more important to you than good food, you have seen more than 50 Dead shows, you fried your tasted buds smoking weed for the last 40 years, your kids are named Planet, River and Winter, you drive a VW bus, you are wearing tie die, you fit in in Ashland, Berkeley or Sebastopol. On a positive note, the waitress was very nice and apologetic and offered to get us something else to eat when she saw all of the uneaten food. Also the water tasted very fresh. We got a good laugh when my 10 year old daughter said that the best part of the dinner was the bread! A certain type of person may enjoy Wiley's, but not if you like good food! Luckily it was pretty reasonably priced.

1 Thank socrcoacher
Ashland, OR
“Fantastic Pasta”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Wiley's World is my absolute favorite restaurant in Ashland. The food is always top notch. The highlight is the fresh pasta that is to die for, and is available in many different styles (from Italian to Thai). The sides are also excellent though; fresh organic salad with an amazing house dressing, as well as delicious fresh bread, come with every meal. Desserts are very good as well. Considering that the food is among the best available in town, the value is amazing. Entrees range from about $8 to $15, making it less expensive than any other top caliber restaurant.

The atmosphere is nice, and very cozy, although depending on my mood I sometimes find it more casual than I would like. When I want an elegant night out, I occasionally will choose to go elsewhere because the atmosphere doesn't quite live up to it, even though the food is good enough. On the other hand, when I do want a more casual environment for an evening with friends, it's nice to be able to get it while still knowing the food will be high quality!

The only true complaint I have is that they don't accept reservations. This is a problem only because I'm not the only person who is aware of this hidden gem, and occasionally the wait does get uncomfortably long. Usually it's reasonable, but it can be frustrating when that one unpredictably busy night happens to be the night I decide to eat there. Certainly I would avoid trying to come here on a traditionally busy night for eating out, such as Valentine's Day or the like.

Overall though the quality of the food makes the atmosphere and occasional wait basically irrelevant. Once you start eating, all negative thoughts will invariably disappear from your mind.