“More Than 99 bottles of Beer-on-the-Wall!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caldera Brewery & Restaurant

Caldera Brewery & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 153 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Full bar. Family friendly. Fireplace. Outdoor heaters. Amazing views.
Medford, Oregon
“More Than 99 bottles of Beer-on-the-Wall!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

This is a great little Brewpub connected to the brand new brewing facilities of Caldera Brewing right off the I-5 at exit 14.

Visited November 2013

California
“Excellent find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

On visiting our son in Ashland he suggested we visit this place because he had heard the food was good. And of course he and his father love the beer. So we came and we enjoyed and indeed discovered a new "go to" place for when we visit him. The space itself is open and airy and most comfortable. There is also a fireplace and cozy sofa if you can snag it before anyone else. We really liked it here and will come back next time in Ashland.

• Visited November 2013
Medford, Oregon
“Loud and limited, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Met a group of friends who wanted to try Caldera. I first went to their little bar in downtown Ashland but got redirected here. I wish I would have stayed at the bar. It was so much quieter, I could have actually heard what people at the other end of the table were saying.

The food selection at this restaurant is limited and none in our group were wowed with what they got. The common theme was "overcooked." The shrimp on the Poboy were rubber, meats ordered medium and medium rare were well-done.

I had the Italian meat panini, it was more bread than meat and it had the flavor of orange in it, so did one of the burgers ordered.

Out of 8 of us, none were really impressed. One guy really liked the Mogli beer.

This restaurant was loud and every time the doors would be opened we got hit with a blast of freezing air. It was uncomfortable and unavoidable due to the layout and two entry/exits.

The food and service were average, but on the upside the price was reasonable. All agreed that we probably will not be back.

Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
“A little more of a restaurant than a pub.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We visited the new brewery location with the whole family. The menu is varied and provides several vegetarian dishes. I believe a couple of which are vegan (I am not 100% sure of this). I had the grilled vegetable panini which was excellent and very reasonably priced. My children all had a cheeseburger of some sort. They appeared to be excellent. The meals came with a choice of soup, salad or a macaroni and potato salad. The burgers were $10.00 and the panini was $12 which seamed very reasonable. There are a number of higher end selections that round out the menu. They also have a number of appetizers. Caldera is one of my favorite beer choices. They have a number of beer selections that should satisfy any palate.

The atmosphere was very nice, open, modern and upscale. The restaurant has beautiful view to the East of the mountains. Service was excellent.

The only drawback is they do not have a children's menu. They do have burgers (which are a little large for a child) and a Mac and Cheese entree.

I look forward to visiting this winter after a day skiing at Mt. Ashland.

• Visited October 2013
Ashland, Oregon
“A good pub with limited food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am pretty sure that at least one of the reviews posted here about the Caldera Brewery is actually about the Caldera tap House in downtown Ashland. The Brewery is just off the freeway , east of the town, and certainly not within walking distance of the Park or OSF. However, it has great views of the mountains on one side, and the interior is spacious, not to say echoey. The range of beers is terrific, the range of food very limited. I might go there again for lunch with a colleague, but this is not somewhere for a dinner date.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Caldera Brewery & Restaurant? Share your experiences!