“Organic and tasty”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is not fancy. There are plastic forks and plates. But the food is fresh and outstanding! We were waited on by a young man (Russel, I think) that was one of the most friendly, attentive and genuine people we've ever been served by. You could tell he took a lot of pride in this place....I don't think he was an owner, either. The menu is simple but complete. Honestly, how many different ways can you arrange, rice, beans, cheese, tortillas and meat? I know, most Mexican restaurants have huge menus, but it's all basically the same ingredients. And these guys acknowledge that and keep choices simple. I would recommend it, especially since they have margaritas!

1  Thank Sheila M

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Tried this out for the first time last night and just had to go back for lunch :-)

Besides being organic, sustainable etc the food was absolutely great and the staff friendly, well trained, helpful, had great communication skills and a smile on their faces. they went out of their way to explain they use only fresh ingredients and don't even have a microwave. You can eat there (no table cloths -more of a store front ambience) or take it home which we did today.

We cannot recommend highly enough, really! Wine, beer and wonderful margaritas.

Oh yes, its near market of Choice if you have a hard time finding it and they have a dog water dish outside for your fur child.

1  Thank khrecruit
Reviewed April 23, 2013

They're trying to be Chipotle's organic sibling, healthier and crunchier. But I shouldn't be eating Chipotle-like food often, anyway, so when I want the crispy carnitas and insanely salty chips, that's what I want, not a reduced-sodium variant of it. Now that there's a Chipotle in Medford, I save my fixes for there.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The food is good but the lady owner yells at her staff. It's not appropriate to have customers hear her going off on her workers. I won't be back because of it.

1  Thank kantor1955
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm thrilled about this new discovery. It's now a favorite! I really appreciate Milagros' high standards for ingredients, offering farm-raised meats and many organic ingredients (rice, beans and vegetables). Their chips are the best I've ever tried -- big, crunchy and flavorful, with a hint of lime. Addictive! All the meats are great quality, and there are lots of yummy choices for various toppings. The grilled veggies add delicious flavor to any dish.

Compared to other Mexican restaurants: it reminds me of the popular Chipotle chain in the style of dishes, but it's a better, locally-owned, 5-star version. Plus Milagros chips are only $1 compared to Chipotle's $1.39 for poorer quality. Milagros absolutely surpasses Senor Sam's in quality, tastiness, cleanliness and health.

I'm impressed with the genuine friendliness of the staff and owner. They all make me feel valued and welcome as a customer. The energy of the place is comfortable, and it works for everything from a solo meal to a one-on-one date to a group outing. I highly recommend Milagros! It's now an easy regular spot for me.

Note: You can join their Facebook page to read more feedback from other people and to find out about special deals. It's http://www.facebook.com/MilagrosAshland.

3  Thank ashlandeater