“Fresh, delicious, generous portions” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 153 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Bay Area
“Fresh, delicious, generous portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We ate twice at Tot because the staff carefully listened to my food needs and what I couldn't eat. Both times I enjoyed fresh greens and veggies with the addition of delicious meat, such as slow cooked pork. So very very tasty, and portions were very generous!
As I lead a Paleo lifestyle I have to search for Paleo-friendly places wherever I go, which means places that serve fresh, locally sourced, and organic, with absolutely no gluten OR grains, soy, corn, or added processed anything, such as sugar. A tall order and sometimes I have to go with non-organic or non grass-fed and just enjoy it anyway, but this time I was really satisfied with the whole experience. They have some beer in bottles, and a nice selection of teas. You can take your order outside to a breezy patio, which made the meal even better.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank MrsB17

Vista, California
“Best meal we have had in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

TOT is in a very unassuming location but worth stopping in and giving a thrill to your taste buds. We tried a variety of dishes and each one was unique and wonderful!

• Visited July 2014
Medford, OR
“I shall return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I recently ate at Tot's for the first time, to celebrate a friend's birthday. I am very glad that I did!

It's a nice, casual, place -- not too expensive. It's tucked away in a little corner in a building near the Ashland Armory. I thought they made a great use of the materials for ambiance - including the plywood on the back of the chairs and on the wall. They do not come take your order -- you go up to the front and place it. However, they do bring you the food.

I had the grilled asparagus with spicy papaya relish. It was a great presentation to see the grilled asparagus on the plate, drizzled with a very green olive oil, and then the crosswise contract of the yellow papaya with sliced green onions. It was nicely sweet and spicy, and went with the asparagus very well. So well in fact that I'm going to try to duplicate it tonight at home. I also had some "Tots" which are like what they would seem to be, i.e. potato "tots" mixed with rice, and fried, accompanied by a delicious peanut sauce. Next time I eat there, I'll try to Asparagus Dumpling Soup with either the vegetable or the crab dumplings. Very good!

Everyone at the table was quite happy, with their orders: Veggie Noodles, and Curry Noodles. But I can only report their testimony as I did not try these dishes.

Tots closes up early, around 8 p.m., but they said that they will soon start to be open later.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FoodGroupie9
N. Calif
“Great take on Vietnamese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We visited this restaurant for a quick bite and found them to be extremely creative in their choices, and reasonably priced (for Ashland). The ambience is not great, but they have taken the time to use some little touches in their seating that are unique - nice use of trim and plywood in the chairs. Still, not the place for a romantic evening unless the stars in your eyes have blocked out everything else. My banh mi was particularly good - a take on the French dip, using pho for the dip - yum, yum!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank adventuresomecali
Ashland, Oregon, United States
“A favorite lunch stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Simple southeast Asian food. Good service. Good prices. Lots of choices, some spicy, some not. If you want fancy you will be disappointed. Otherwise prepare to be pleased.

Visited November 2013