The Palm
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$134
$107
Bard's Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$105
Timbers Motel(Ashland)
$60
$54
Ashland Springs Hotel(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Ashland(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$94
Best Western Windsor Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
BestWestern.com
Stratford Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$125
$120
Travelocity
Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$129
$115
Orbitz.com
Green Springs Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$99
Flagship Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$80
All reviewsmorning glorysaltwater poolgrounds are beautifulmotor innsunrise suitelittle touchesqueen bedsmall kitchenthe cottageswe've stayedcoffee makersouthern oregon universitylove this placedowntown areashort drivesitting arearoad trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I can't say enough about the special experience we had at this magical place. We dropped in looking for a small reasonably priced motel, and were lucky to find a room at the last minute, and were met by Carrie who actually walked to the office door to greet us and welcome us, then gave us a tour of the available rooms so that we could select our choice. We have an affinity for historic properties and if you would like to experience a taste of the golden yester-years of motoring holidays, with some modern touches, then this is the place for you. These are charming, connected motor cottages but have been updated to be clean and modern where it counts, while retaining some of the original interior features from the (1940's?). There are ample services like (paid-for) specialty pillow upgrades, some kitchenettes, ice and coffee service, free wi fi and extra laptops available. We enjoyed relaxing in the numerous private sitting areas in side gardens, and relaxing by the pool and just wandering this small charming property.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

While passing through Ashland, I needed a place to stay for the night that was both inexpensive and walking distance from downtown. Using TripAdvisor reviews as my guide, I booked my room at the Palm Motel.

The moment I pulled into the driveway, I knew I had chosen the right place. I had read how it was converted from an old motor court, but I did not expect it to be so lush and picturesque. The grounds felt more like grandpa's garden than a motel, with lots of flowers (which were used abundantly in the guest rooms) and many cute and comfortable sitting areas.

Some reviews here complain about the staff, but I arrived just before the office closed at 8pm, and the gentleman at the counter couldn't have been more welcoming, and when I checked out the next day, the woman was just as friendly. Oh, and I have to mention that everyone who worked here, from the clerks to the maids, were all very easy on the eyes and looked like they just walked out of a fashion magazine.

And as for the room, it felt like a real home with non-motel decor and a comfortable bed. I slept like a baby that night.

I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I am surprised at the positive comments for this shabby place. No one in our party would ever stay there again. They are rude and unaccommodating. The room was shabby and not exactly clean. We have had much more positive experiences with other places in town.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank MBaker_10
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed one night at the Palm Motel after spending 2 nights at their "sister property" Columbia Hotel and then deciding to extend our stay more night in Ashland (the Columbia was booked for the 3rd night). We were pleasantly surprised.

Pros:
-- Looks like an old drive-up motel from the street, but they have made it very nice. Beautiful gardens and landscaping.
-- Stayed in Cottage #12. It is a 2 room suite with 2 queen beds, a kitchen, and bathroom
-- Fairly modern decor, geometric bedspreads, cool color scheme, flat screen TV.
-- Pretty private and quiet. Nice homey feel to the cottage.
-- Good price ($150/night on Memorial Day weekend). Pretty great price for a 2 room/2 queen bed suite (even though we only needed one bed). It would be great for larger families at that price.
-- Morning Glory restaurant is a few doors down. AMAZING breakfasts! We went there two mornings in a row. Seriously---- amazing!

Cons:
-- The bathroom was terrible! Ugly linoleum floor, weird sink/vanity that looked shower had mold on the ceiling and walls
-- Location is not great. It is about a 15-20 min walk to the downtown area

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clemens-gal
Reviewed May 17, 2010

User Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
by James 05/17/2010
My wife and I have been going to Ashland four to five times per year for 30 years. We love it. Got a good recommendation for the Palm Motel for its comfortable beds. Made a quick trip to Ashland and couldn't get reservations at usual motels and tried the Palm. It was terrific. One of our most pleasurable trips ever. The bed was very comfortable.

The quaint 'cottage style' room was clean and comfortable. The swimming pool was not open (still too cold) but was nice sized and looked inviting. The various gardens were enjoyable. Even in Ashland, with so many things to do and see, half an hour in the Palm's gardens was very refreshing. And, all for a very reasonable price.

Did I mention how comfortable the bed was?

To heck with those 'usual' motels. From now on we're going to book at the Palm Motel.

And the bed was really comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple