“Good food, little slow on the service ”

El Paraiso Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #46 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Came here on a Friday night, party of 7. Although they seemed busy, several tables were open & they seemed to have plenty of staff. I should mention that 2 members of our party are in the food service industry and they commented on the slow service as well. However, we were getting to know our future daughter-in-law's parents, so it wasn't too big of an issue. Being a 40 year resident of California, I know good Mexican food and while this wasn't the best, I've ever had it certainly garnered a strong 7/10. Everyone liked their food, they have a strong salsa recipe (the backbone of any good Mexican restaurant), our server was friendly, the atmosphere was lively & the decor was really nice. I would recommend. Can't speak to the margaritas.....I had a strawberry daiquiri. It was good, but nothing jaw dropping.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great service, fresh ships and salsa and service prompt. Many favorites dishes to choose from and all were good. Margaritas are large cool and fun.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were staying close by, and were happy to find a restaurant we could walk to after traveling all day. It happened to be a Monday, and I knew that margaritas were on special for only $3.50! (I always appreciate a restaurant with an online menu, so I can check it out before we go.) We were greeted promptly and seated at a comfortable booth. Crisp chips and delicious salsa arrived right away, and the margarita and beer were delivered quickly as well.
My chicken enchiladas verdes were very good, as was the rice. The black beans did not have much flavor and were lukewarm. My husband had the "macho burrito" and he raved about it.
The owner, Jesse, was very friendly. We had a nice conversation about the restaurant, his family, and our vacation. We would definitely return on our next trip to Ashland.

jesus n, Manager at El Paraiso Mexican Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for taking your time and letting us know about our food and service looking forward to see you back again

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The food is always excellent no matter what you order, but the one male waiter that we have always had is really bad. Hard to put in an order with him, get anything from him, besides your meal, including the check. We went there multiple times but probably won't go again because of his attitude.

jesus n, Owner at El Paraiso Mexican Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Hello I’m Jesus (Jesse) owner of El Paraiso Mexican Cuisine I would like to apologize for the matter if I could get more info like date, time, and # of people at the place or if could give me a call 541 951 7153 or 541 488 5877 ask for Jesse I'll be more than happy to invite you for lunch or dinner. Please, Please,
Thank you very much to for your understand & all your help

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Staying nearby, we decided to dine close to the hotel. We tried a new brewery restaurant up the street which was crowded, so we ventured back towards the hotel, and I thought why not try this place. I am so glad we stopped. The place is an absolute gem, from its interior decor, to the friendly staff, and the delicious salsa and chips before the meal. My wife had the Mexican pizza, and I had Fajitas, both of which were served in such generous portions we could not finish.