“A gem in Ashland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
A Midsummer's Dream Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 31 Ashland B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington, United States
“A gem in Ashland”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Midsummer's Dream typifies Bed & Breakfasts: a Victorian house set in a quiet neighborhood, elegant décor, and delicious food for breakfast. Unlike other B&B's I've stayed in, this one has exotic rooms such as the Othello where I stayed, which included a nook with a writing desk, a four-poster bed, a two-sided fireplace and Jacuzzi tub to soak in while watching the fire. For my stay, I arrived late and found tea and cookies waiting for me downstairs. If you're staying in Ashland for the plays, the theme here will definitely help you get in the mood. Highly recommended for romantic getaways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oakland, California
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just returned from our second consecutive stay at A Midsummer's Dream and recommend it highly. Our room (Othello) was serene, quiet and comfortable. The air conditioning worked well in spite of several days of unseasonably hot weather. Lisa's breakfasts are delicious and kept us going for hours. She's a gracious hostess and a native who knows Ashland well. We recharged each afternoon on her homemade cookies. The B&B is a 15-20 minute walk from the busier part of town. We enjoyed being part of a residential neighborhood and looked forward to strolling to and from dinner and the plays. We truly felt pampered but at home.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Ashland, where we were lucky enough to spend four nights at Midsummer's Dream. We have family in town and usually stay with them, but this year due to a large reunion we were "booted" to stay in a B & B. Well, we are so glad we did. Midsummer's Dream in a word: Wonderful!
The Inn is beautiful, well-appointed, lovely gardens and lots of places outside to enjoy coffee or wine. Both of our rooms (we were lucky to stay in two on different nights) were very spacious, and decorated in a tasteful, elegant manner. The king-sized bed was better than ours at home - big thick mattress, firm with a cushy top - tons of pillows - the works The bathrooms are huge, with large glass-block lined showers and jacuzzi-jetted tubs big enough for two people (and my husband and I are not "small" folks). We fit fine. It was just the ticket after rafting on the Rogue one day, believe me! The rooms were spotless, and somehow the cleaning staff was able to sneak in every morning while we were at breakfast and tidy-up without our even knowing about it. We would just return to a cleaned room with fresh towels.

But the best part of all is Lisa, the owner of the Inn. She is the consummate host, very gracious, welcoming and full of information - but never intrusive. I looked forward to her cheerful "good morning" each day when I came down to grab a cup of coffee (fresh-brewed, full-bodied, nice roast) before breakfast. Oh, breakfast! If I could sing how wonderful they all were, I would. Lisa is a gourmet cook, that is the long and short of it. We joined other guests in the cozy dining room, and after introductions all of us would tuck into the fresh fruit presentation of the morning - would it be fresh melon chunks with a sprig of mint, or warmed red grapes with some sort of cream-like concoction drizzled on top? To die for! We eagerly anticipated her signature smoothie/julius: a blend of banana, orange juice and vanilla yogurt. Then, onto the main course.....every day something new and creative. We had perfectly scrambled eggs with sausage and pillowy waffles one morning, and a mild chili/cheese/egg souffle the next. Everything was absolutely delicious and we ate it all. This is not the place to worry about your waistline. Life is too short.
Thank you, Lisa for making our stay so wonderful! I'm so glad we "had to" stay with you. We will definitely be back.
Chris and Renee

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in were quiet and spacious. If you prefer lots of light, Desdemona was a bit b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at A Midsummer's Dream. Our room was beautiful and the breakfasts were fabulous. They even accommodated us with gluten free for my husband. The theater was amazing and just a short walk away. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent three nights at A Midsummer's Dream B and B and were extremely pleased with the entire experience. Our room (Juliet suite) was very comfortable and although all the rooms were full, it was very quiet. We did not hear any of the other guests. The breakfasts were delicious and varied. I had my first taste of baked grapes - wonderful! We had some extra time while we were in Ashland, and Lisa provided some great information on interesting places to see. I would recommend A Midsummer's Dream to everyone who might be travelling to or hear Ashland.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I absolutely LOVED staying at this B&B! The rooms were beautifully furnished, the breakfasts were delicious, and Lisa was a great host and very knowledgable of the area. The B&B is close enough to walk to the plays and town plaza, yet out of the hustle and bussle of the busy tourist scene. We will surely stay here again next play season and highly recommend this place to anyone visting Ashland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My travelling buddy and I (one male, one female) sadly stayed just one overnight with Lisa, at this beautiful B&B, and we had a wonderful time. Many thanks to Lisa for such a great stay - and the breakfast was amazing. I could barely drag myself out of the extremely comfortable bed to go down to breakfast but I was so glad I did. We had the "Desdemona" and "Othello" rooms and each were so comfortable, so pretty. I can heartily recommend a stay here. Lisa is a charming and delightful hostess. I'm still longing for more of that breakfast, too.

Room Tip: If you'd like a bit more privacy, my Desdemona room was sort of in an annex off the main house a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends