“Wonderful Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
A Midsummer's Dream Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 31 Ashland B&B and Inns
Des Moines, Iowa
“Wonderful Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent three nights at A Midsummer's Dream B and B and were extremely pleased with the entire experience. Our room (Juliet suite) was very comfortable and although all the rooms were full, it was very quiet. We did not hear any of the other guests. The breakfasts were delicious and varied. I had my first taste of baked grapes - wonderful! We had some extra time while we were in Ashland, and Lisa provided some great information on interesting places to see. I would recommend A Midsummer's Dream to everyone who might be travelling to or hear Ashland.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I absolutely LOVED staying at this B&B! The rooms were beautifully furnished, the breakfasts were delicious, and Lisa was a great host and very knowledgable of the area. The B&B is close enough to walk to the plays and town plaza, yet out of the hustle and bussle of the busy tourist scene. We will surely stay here again next play season and highly recommend this place to anyone visting Ashland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My travelling buddy and I (one male, one female) sadly stayed just one overnight with Lisa, at this beautiful B&B, and we had a wonderful time. Many thanks to Lisa for such a great stay - and the breakfast was amazing. I could barely drag myself out of the extremely comfortable bed to go down to breakfast but I was so glad I did. We had the "Desdemona" and "Othello" rooms and each were so comfortable, so pretty. I can heartily recommend a stay here. Lisa is a charming and delightful hostess. I'm still longing for more of that breakfast, too.

Room Tip: If you'd like a bit more privacy, my Desdemona room was sort of in an annex off the main house a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Oregon
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I recently had the privilege of spending three nights in Ashland for a little romantic getaway, and loved our choice of A Midsummer's Dream Bed and Breakfast. It is a classic Victorian house with beautiful rooms and furnishings. Lisa Beach is a wonderful hostess who serves delicious gourmet breakfasts in the dining room. She went above and beyond by helping us find a massage therapist and securing a restaurant reservation for us. We had stayed here many years before, and were so happy we had decided to return to this special B&B. From the beautifully decorated rooms to the freshly baked cookies always available in the living room, you will not be disappointed. And the location is perfect --- between the college and downtown. We attended two performances of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, driving once and having a nice 20 minute walk the other time. Great B&B and a perfect spot to stay in Ashland.

Room Tip: Our room was at the top, under the eaves. We loved it!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The furnishings are lovely . . . but this bed and breakfast is not particularly traveller friendly. the breakfast is average or below average, the guest basket in the bedrooms contains a couple of cheap junk food items and no water, and the rooms are noisy with doors slamming and heavy footsteps easily heard. The rooms are overpriced and there is nothing really to recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mapy d
Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My wife, daughter and I spent a delightful five days at the Midsummer's Dream Bed and Breakfast. The B&B is located about a 20 min walk from the Oregon Shakespeare Festival theaters on a quiet street. The property looks recently renovated or built, and is decorated with taste. Our room (ominously named "Othello" -- read the play and find out what happened to him) had a very comfortable king sized bed and luxurious bathroom with jacuzzi. Othello was perfect for two; we had our daughter with us and she slept on an air mattress, which was not firm. Our hostess, Lisa was extraordinarily welcome and full of helpful information about restaurants and side excursions. She made wonderful breakfasts, a different one each morning we were there. The price was a bit high - $210 a night - but we felt we got our money's worth.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BullwinkleJMoose
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My husband and I have visited Ashland every year together since 1992. We've tried nearly every place there is to stay in Ashland. This is the best. This lovely B&B on a quiet street is just a short walk or drive to downtown. The spacious, beautifully decorated rooms have huge, nicely appointed bathrooms -- all with jetted tubs. The place is spotless and the soft white sheets and fluffy down comforters are delightful. Lisa Beach is a lovely hostess who cooks up fabulous breakfasts. Her home-baked lavender shortbread cookies, which she leaves out for afternoon or bedtime snacking, are also delish! There is no place nicer. We come back every year.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple