“60's Nervana...with heavenly Nan!”
Review of Sauce

Sauce
Ranked #38 of 155 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“60's Nervana...with heavenly Nan!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

With its decidedly hole-in-the-wall, strip mall, 1960's-Head Shop atmosphere, I don't know why Sauce works...but it certainly does! Don't let the appearance deter you from really superb locally procured and produced food. It leans to the Vegetarian side of life, but the local organic lamb dish was heavenly!

When you enter you need to move up to the cash register to read the menu and make your order...deli style. Things are pretty much self-service for getting your drinks and cutlery. But everyone is exceedingly friendly and helpful! The food came pretty quickly...and the FOOD is where it is at!

The garlic nan is a MUST! We could easily have stuffed ourselves on that alone. The various 'bowls' are great and you have a nice selection of starches (white/brown rice, quinoa, etc.) The servings are nice, but not AMERICAN-OVERWHELMING! If you change your mind and want something extra (the deserts are awfully tempting) you can quickly go back and make an additional order. Prices are pretty much in line for very good local farm-to-table fare.

Somehow this all fits into the whole Ashland-Atmosphere and we will DEFINITELY be make Sauce part of our future Ashland trips!

• Visited July 2013

Portland, Oregon, United States
“My Favorite Place in Ashland!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Finding Sauce was like finding a delicious, healthy oasis in the middle of southern Oregon. We were visiting from Portland, Oregon for a few days and I was so glad to eat dinner that made me feel **good**. I got the Ginger Chicken Plate and the Ginger Tofu Plate- so delicious!! The plates come with a salad that is to.die.for. (it's so simple and sooo good!! i even asked the owner for the recipe). The kale chips were delicious... and I appreciate the optional nutritional yeast and liquid aminos as condiments! If you want to eat food you can feel good about, go here!

Visited July 2013
Ashland, Oregon
“Exotic, savory and very healthy”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a rather small restaurant with intimate pine table and bench setting, perhaps lacking some privacy, which cannot be helped in such a small venue. The food is fresh, unusually savory, very healthy, reminiscent of many dishes of Nepal (dahl batt and others), India and Tibet, with a healthier flair. It's a wonderful culinary experience, though the price may be too high for what one gets. Still, it's a very good restaurant option for the area.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Anna Y
Oceanside, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place is amazing had the best food for your soul. I am a person who enjoys food and this palce nourishes your body, mind, and spirit.

Visited June 2013
Roseville, California
“Healthy eating with fun options”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was visiting Ashland over Mother's Day weekend and was looking for an affordable, healthy dinner option with variety. I ordered a bowl and my mom ordered the Tuscan dish. We both really enjoyed the flavors and the portion size. We left very full with what we were served. The prices are too high for the type of service (order at counter, get your own water, utensils, etc.) and if you pay with credit card you will have to use Square (not a problem with me, just noting). The atmosphere is fine, nothing fancy but cute decor and a beautiful bench outside to enjoy (located in a strip mall).

We enjoyed our dinner so much that we returned the next morning for Mother's Day brunch. The buckwheat pancakes were so good and my mom's crepe was nice. I didn't know ahead of time, but I guess the locals go in for the french toast. Next time I'm in Ashland I'll go for breakfast and try it out.

• Visited May 2013