“Excellent Stay”

Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We booked this hotel last minute, as we were adventuring from California to Oregon and we were unsure of where our first stop would be. I made the reservation over the phone a few hours before our arrival. The room that was described to me was exactly the room that we got, which was such a relief after traveling for a number of hours. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and had a great breakfast that was included in price. The location was perfectly located close to downtown and Lithia Park.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank run4rfun

Reviewed August 7, 2014

The hotel is extremely friendly, quiet, clean, and close to the theaters. They serve a great breakfast, snacks at 5:00, and cookies after the theaters close. The location is extremely convient. It is our place to stay in Ashland.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been visiting Ashland for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival for about 20 years.

I initially stayed at the Windmill Inn and Suites, which had spacious, comfortable rooms, beautiful views, and quiet surroundings, but required a car to get from the hotel to the Festival theaters in downtown Ashland. I have also stayed at the Ashland Springs Hotel, which has been nicely renovated and is only a short block walk to the theaters. The rooms, however, are very small, almost to the point of being cramped.

This last summer, I stayed at the Plaza Inn and Suites. This is a relatively new hotel complex in downtown Ashland located in a quiet area and only a three block walk to the theaters. The rooms are good-sized.

The free breakfasts are very good with a variety of hot and cold dishes, good coffee and juices and a very nice dining room. In the evenings after the theater performances, you can enjoy complimentary fresh baked cookies, milk and PB&J sandwiches in the dining room. The service was excellent and I must mention my favorite touch...the housekeeper who made up my room--which was very, very clean--folded the washcloths in the bathroom to look like little rubber duckies! I don't know if all the housekeepers do that, but it gave me a laugh.

I will most certainly stay at the Plaza Inn again on my future trips to Ashland.

Room Tip: Book waaaaay in advance, especially during theater season!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank FlashDad
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We loved our stay at the Plaza Inn! Loved it. A short walk (10 min maybe) to the Shakespeare Festival and Downtown shops and restaurants, clean rooms, plenty of safe parking at the hotel (take a sedan though if you can because if we had taken our crossover, it would not have fit in the downstairs parking and the top level was always full), satisfactory complimentary breakfast, and awesome staff.
Crystal was so great! Very helpful and welcoming. The first room that she put us in had a broken bed which we learned the second I sat on it to take my shoes off. A startling surprise! So she was very helpful and immediately moved us to another room! We even ended up in a much nicer room than the first for no additional charge. She was fantastic about it.
Our only complaint during our stay was that when my husband had trouble with the internet, he was given a number and told to call it himself.... Um... Pretty lame. The lady at the front desk was very nice and explained that was the hotel's protocol and she was just following the directions given to her. Totally fine-- Can't shoot the messenger. But super lame that, that is the hotel's policy. They should take care of it for us and make the call themselves. So boo to whoever came up with that "protocol."
So, other than that, awesome place to stay. Would absolutely recommend and come back. Loved coming back from the theatre to late night PB&J's, warm cookies, and milk. Very fun & romantic stay for us but clearly also great for families!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I travel to Portland every couple of months to visit his family and we always stop by Ashland to enjoy a good dinner a play and of course to stay at The Plaza Inn & Suites, our home away from home! The rooms are spacious, nice decor and very clean, breakfast has all you need, no need to go look for breakfast elsewhere. Not to mention they offer snacks and cookies milk and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (my fave). The staff is always courteous and treat us like family. All in all you will feel amongst family at the Plaza Inn and Suites. They truly show they go above and beyond to take care their guests!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was my third time staying at the Plaza Inn and, as usual, it is a solid bet. Pretty much every request was met quickly and efficiently. I will say that the staff tends to stay behind their desk a lot. It IS expensive. I was there to see plays during their busy season, and they wouldn't even give a AAA discount because of this (grrr). Still, it is clean, comfortable, sits on the creek, and is close to theaters. Breakfast is about what you would expect without them having an actual restaurant. There are pre-made omelets, and cups of batter for making your own waffle. The coffee is good, and it's enough to hold one through to an early dinner before a play.

Room Tip: This time we were in the rooms suitable for pets and the dag-blamed garbage truck woke us super earl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The staff was just so-so. The room was ok. The breakfast buffet was mediocre. The location was ok, but not great. AND, it cost $200+ a night!!!!

I'm sorry, but Ashland just isn't worth $200.00 per night. And the Plaza Inn is absolutely not worth $200+ per night! Not even close!

This hotel (motel?) is far from any number of hotels, Inns, B&B's (Think Hyatt or Marriott) that offer accommodations and amenities that might actually warrant 2-bills.

This hotel (Oops! Sorry! "Inn & Suites!) isn't even in the running. How it got to be #3 in Ashland is beyond me!! I guess it just speaks volumes about what passes for quality there! We'll go to Grant's Pass next time.

Stayed: July 2014