Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek
Stratford Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$125
$120
Hotels.com
Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$107
$104
Hotels.com
Ashland Springs Hotel(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$159
$115
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Express Ashland(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$116
Best Western Windsor Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
BestWestern.com
Green Springs Inn(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$99
Columbia Hotel(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$100
$98
Hotels.com
All reviewscookiesshakespeare festivalashland creeklithia parka late night snackmake your own waffleswithin walking distanceyogurtpet friendly roomcovered parkingseparate buildingfree breakfastclose to townrooms are cleanbreakfast roomfront desk staffeasy walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Spacious rooms and fine location, but the hotel cuts too many corners to adequately fill its "semi-luxury" niche. Among the minuses: Nondescript décor, no shelf space in the bathroom, the single elevator is inadequate when the hotel is near capacity, paper cups for the in-room coffee service, and the breakfast is about as minimal as the hotel can get away with. (At the very least, they should have more than one toaster, and thus eliminate the bottleneck in the line.) The hotel's wine taste is just that - a taste. They will sell you a full glass - perhaps not such a bad idea, but why not just have a wine bar that's open a little more than one hour?

On the plus side, the staff was friendly, the hotel was clean, and the bed was comfortable.

This was our second stay at the Plaza; based upon the reviews, we thought it might have improved. It hasn't.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Rooms are very nice. My co-worker and I actually checked out of the Ashland Springs Hotel(rooms too small, overpriced, inconvenient parking, and a health hazard for people with allergy and sinus). Plaza Inn is the best in Ashland, trust me I did my research. Other hotels were recommending this hotel. Staff very friendly, rooms very spacious with balconies, great tv channel selections, nice size LCD TV, clean except one day they forgot to clean my toilet but promptly came to clean upon request . Great dry cleaning . This place is amazing with a beautiful view of the mountains!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I loved how close we were to the theaters and shops/restaurants in downtown Ashland. I had no problem pushing my mother in a wheelchair to the Bowmer Theater from this hotel. If you should find yourself in a similar situation, go out the back door and cross the creek on a pedestrian bridge -- this route is shorter and flatter than going out the front door.

Our Spa Double Queen room was very spacious and the large bathroom had a separate shower and tub. Comfortable beds, everything was clean, and our room was quiet except for the window-unit a/c. The room seemed dark to me, even by hotel standards. It was furnished with an armoire containing a tv, an upholstered chair, a desk and chair, a long countertop with a coffee maker and a small refrigerator below. The counter was handy for our smaller bags, but the lack of good lighting in this area made it difficult to look for things. Our room faced the creek and we had a lovely green tree in front of our balcony, which was furnished with a small table and two chairs.

I probably won't return to this hotel for two reasons. There isn't enough parking to handle all the guests; we parked on the street one of the two nights we were there. And it's overpriced. I realize the location is what has driven up the price, but on an objective scale the room just isn't worth it. I felt very dissatisfied paying such an exhorbitant price for this type of accommodation. My solution is to avoid staying in Ashland unless absolutely necessary. If I must stay in this town I'll stay at the Ashland Springs Hotel which is similarly priced, equally close to the theaters and includes a similar continental breakfast, but has plenty of parking (in my experience) and brightly lit bathrooms. It's just personal preference, but I find the decor at Ashland Springs far more appealing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aprilwalkr
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We've been here two years in a row now, and I'm still impressed. Absolutely everyone that works here is SO nice! The rooms are spacious and comfortable (including a fridge for the inevitable leftovers from dinner), the staff is invariably friendly and helpful, and the "extras" are truly the icing on the cake: cookies & milk (plus make-your-own PB&J sandwiches) available every night, an "extended" continental breakfast (including waffles, bacon/sausage, hot cereal, cold cereal, etc.) every morning, and wine tastings on the weekends, all included with your nightly rate.

I am allergic to all sorts of fragrances, so I have a hard time finding hotels that I can actually spend the night. Many hotels, like the Ashland Springs (a local "fancy" place), claim to offer fragrance-free rooms upon request, but one whiff sends me running for the door. The Plaza Inn & Suites consistently provides a place I can sleep in comfort.

It's a few blocks from the Oregon Shakespeare Festival; since there's no additional charge for parking, it couldn't be more convenient for visiting theatregoers like myself.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank huntteach
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is only a short walk from the plays at the Shakespeare Festival and from restaurants. However, it has a garden feel to it, since its back entrance looks onto a creek. The hotel has reasonable rooms, wine and snacks on afternoon weekends (snacks only during the week), and cookies and beverages after plays. This is going to be my go-to place when I return to Ashland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden/creek.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family