I loved how close we were to the theaters and shops/restaurants in downtown Ashland. I had no problem pushing my mother in a wheelchair to the Bowmer Theater from this hotel. If you should find yourself in a similar situation, go out the back door and cross the creek on a pedestrian bridge -- this route is shorter and flatter than going out the front door.
Our Spa Double Queen room was very spacious and the large bathroom had a separate shower and tub. Comfortable beds, everything was clean, and our room was quiet except for the window-unit a/c. The room seemed dark to me, even by hotel standards. It was furnished with an armoire containing a tv, an upholstered chair, a desk and chair, a long countertop with a coffee maker and a small refrigerator below. The counter was handy for our smaller bags, but the lack of good lighting in this area made it difficult to look for things. Our room faced the creek and we had a lovely green tree in front of our balcony, which was furnished with a small table and two chairs.
I probably won't return to this hotel for two reasons. There isn't enough parking to handle all the guests; we parked on the street one of the two nights we were there. And it's overpriced. I realize the location is what has driven up the price, but on an objective scale the room just isn't worth it. I felt very dissatisfied paying such an exhorbitant price for this type of accommodation. My solution is to avoid staying in Ashland unless absolutely necessary. If I must stay in this town I'll stay at the Ashland Springs Hotel which is similarly priced, equally close to the theaters and includes a similar continental breakfast, but has plenty of parking (in my experience) and brightly lit bathrooms. It's just personal preference, but I find the decor at Ashland Springs far more appealing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Timeless Style and Modern Luxury in a Chic Setting Welcome to the Plaza Inn & Suites, a boutique hotel in Ashland, Oregon. Here, visitors to Ashland experience the best of both worlds – a peaceful self-contained hotel in the heart of down town Ashland that is also just steps away from The Plaza, Lithia Park, the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, theater district, boutique shops and the more than 90 restaurants located within walking distance of our downtown hotel. We are constantly finding new ways to heighten guest experience and we now have a Tesla high power charging station. The hotel’s comfortable elegance, contemporary style, and personalized service define our approach to hospitality and our guests are assured a truly outstanding experience – from accommodations, to service, to dining and location. Come explore the charm and many cultural activities which Ashland has to offer while staying with us. The Plaza Inn & Suites hotel is the first choice in Ashland, Oregon for an unparalleled lodging experience. The Plaza Inn & Suites is warmly decorated and furnished with a Shakespearean theme throughout the hotel and captures the literary spirit of the area. The beautifully appointed rooms and suites come with complimentary Internet access and premium bedding. Your ultimate comfort and relaxation is our top priority and everything has been designed toward that goal. Guests are treated to a delicious complimentary expanded hot breakfast and evening snacks. The hotel also features a fitness center, convenient parking and a variety of amenities. Need help with anything? Our very own Plaza Inn & Suites Concierge will be more than happy to assist you in any way possible. Check in to a room with style and substance! Our 92 spacious, non-smoking rooms and suites are beautiful and inviting with a chic, minimalist style providing a restful retreat. Our hotel is pet friendly and your furry friends are allowed in select rooms for a nominal fee. Our accommodations provide a true residential feel with everything you need to make yourself at home in Ashland, Oregon. Be sure to like us on Facebook for specials and events! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Plaza Inn & Suites at Ashland Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Inn And Suites At Ashland Creek
- Plaza Inn & Suites At Ashland Creek Hotel Ashland
- Plaza Hotel Ashland Creek