“Good small plates”

Liquid Assets Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Liquid Assets Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 158 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Good small plates”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The menu is varied and interesting. A good wine list and specialty drink menu. I vote for their Cosmo with blackberry. Very tasty. A good place to go when you're hungry but not enough for a full three course dinner. Don't forget to order the chocolate creme brûlée. If you go for happy hour, it's a bargain.

• Visited March 2014

Ashland, Oregon
“Rude owner”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

After noticing I was charged $75 on a $25 tab, I called the following day to ensure this was a mistake. I called four times during business hours (at a slow time) and no one answered. I later went in and waited at the front with no service, I walked to the bar and waited another five minutes before the server came out of the kitchen. There was one table in the restaurant at this time. The server informed me that the manager would call at 6pm. At 8pm I called the restaurant and was told the manager would call right back. An hour later I went in and again was not acknowledged at the front for several minutes. Once the host was aware that I needed to speak to the manager I waited another fifteen minutes. The manager walked past me several times not acknowledging me. I went to the bar to get her attention and was rudely told she would come to the front when she had time. Ten minutes later she finally spoke with me and was extremely rude and short with me. As a restaurant manager I am aware mistakes happen. My issue is with the extremely rude manager and service and poorly handled issue. I will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014
White Plains, New York
“Cozy wine bar”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stopped in at Liquid Assets for some wine and cheese. The bar was just starting to get crowded and I did not find the front of the house very helpful. Unlike the "European" service that I am used to in such places that actively encourages "table sharing" by management - the staff at Liquid Assets is oblivious and leave customers standing right on top of occupied tables rather than being pro-active about seating customers that are there for drinks and a nosh! There was a nice selection of wine and good selection of things to nosh on as well. Service was OK once we were seated [sharing at the invitation of other guests I must add]. The ambiance was very pleasant.

• Visited December 2013
Garden Valley, California
“Great Wines and Beer”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We always visit when in town. Great happy hour and a nice Seghesio Zinfandel by the glass. They have a wonderful Woot Stout that we just love. And we find ourselves coming here every time we are in town.

• Visited November 2013
Chico
“Poor Service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We met another couple for wine and snacks at Liquid Assests around 4:30 on a Saturday in October. When we arrived, there was no one to greet us, and the one server we saw walked right by us, and a guy explaining about some wine to another customer about four feet from where we stood waiting, never even bothered to acknowledge our entrance. At this point, it was not overly crowed and there were three to four empty tables that we could see.

Luckily, our friends who had arrived earlier and secured a comfortable seating area near the door, spotted us standing there rather uncomfortably, and hailed us over. There was a leather couch that seated three, two leather chairs, and a too tall wooden chair that we had to drag over to seat all six of us. (Not sure if there would have been more accommodating seating in the back.)

I am not going to address the wine, as others have, and obviously a place like this will have quite the selections and prices. I have enough to say about the service that I felt was a bit snooty. We had been at the table about 5 minutes when a glass of wine arrived at the table for our friend who'd arrived about 30 minutes earlier. Her husband was half finished with his beer, and they told us both drinks had been ordered at the same time. Amazingly, the presence of four new guests at the table was not acknowledged by the server and menus were not given us nor orders taken!

It was not until our friend's husband flagged down a waitress that we were given wine and appetizer menus. When the beverages finally arrived, and our individual orders came at all varied intervals, we were pleased with the tastes. But frankly, the service was not good. They did get busier after we arrived, and we observed the same awkward waiting in a crowded entry, so it was not just that we were being ignored. The place just did not seem to have good coordination or management, and the typical Ashland friendliness we have come to know was lacking.

Although it seemed like a great place for happy hour drinks and food, it was much less that day in our eyes. We will try again next month when we come up, but if there is a repeat of the lack of graciousness that we experienced, then it will be our last.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jodie D

Been to Liquid Assets Wine Bar? Share your experiences!