“Worth a special trip”

Liquid Assets Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Liquid Assets Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We live in Ashland but go out to dinner infrequently. When we do, we want a place that is special--nice decor, tasty food presented well, good attention from the wait staff, and good value for the money. Liquid Assets ticks every box, as the British would say. We had bypassed this restaurant for some time, because we thought it mainly a wine bar with food as an after-thought. Friends from Virginia were visiting us recently and asked to go to Liquid Assets. Food here --is definitely not just something to go with wine but is the stand-out of this restaurant--delicious, beautifully prepared scallops on a pureed pea bed (who would have thought this could be so delectable), great refreshing gazpacho, generous salad, and for dessert, a wonderful chocolate creme brulee.
We will definitely be going back to L.A. . . . and I don't mean Los Angeles.

1  Thank AlaskansinOR

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had some snacks and wine while sitting at the bar and loved the staff and ambiance. It is a nice little place to chill while waiting to go a Shakespeare play or night-cap for after.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Tonight was our first visit to Liquid Assets but it will definitely not be the last. We had a memorable dining experience. The food was exactly the sort we like to eat - fresh, excellently prepared and thoughtfully seasoned then served in portions of controlled size that allowed for eating an entire meal without feeling weighted down. I had the crab cakes with included flecks of red bell pepper that added a hint of bitterness to play against the sweet crab. There were three in an order that were exactly the size of the diver scallops my husband ordered so that at first sight we thought they had mistakenly brought 2 orders of scallops. The cakes rested on a mustard flavored remoulade sauce which was an excellent balance. The diver scallops were exquisitely prepared and served on a layer of pea puree then topped with sauteed leeks, a foam and a sprinkling of caviar. We were skeptical about a pea puree but the combination was bliss. Wines are available by glass or bottle and a full bottle is sold at about the retail price. What a bargain! We had a chevre and vanilla bean panna cotta for dessert and the funk of the cheese was a great harmony for the sweet vanilla. The use of the chevre did make the texture a bit grainy but the good flavor made that a flaw worth over looking. It was topped with fresh strawberries in balsamic vinegar which added a welcome freshness to the dessert. Our server, Lucie, was a joy whose passion for food was evident throughout. The photo art on the walls added a wonderful artsy feel to create the kind of ambiance that makes you want to stay the entire evening. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

A friend recently suggested that we meet up at Liquid Assets and grab a glass of wine. What a great suggestion! The wine selection was superb (21+ wines to choose from!), the appetizers yummy and the quiet, elegant atmosphere perfect for catching up with a friend. We ordered a couple of small plates.... A cheese plate with three wonderful goat cheeses (Délice des Cremiers, Bijou and Bijou) and the crab cakes. Both were incredible and, while not inexpensive, well worth the money.
I can't wait to return! Next time I plan on bringing my husband to this great little wine bar!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I went here for my birthday dinner before our play. When my husband asked if they did anything for birthdays they said, "No, but you can buy her a dessert." Oh gee thanks, I didn't realize that, should have been his response, this just seemed to be the typical service we got from the entire population in Ashland. Customer service was mostly non-existent when compared to what we are used to (Portland, OR). The food and wine were great. I had the scallops and my husband had the lamb. Both were wonderful although I wish there were more leeks, less pea puree with my scallops. My desert (chocolate lava cake) was to die for, the best I've had since our Carnival cruise (back in 2008, and I've tried it almost every time I see it on a menu).

Been to Liquid Assets Wine Bar? Share your experiences!