“Don't Miss This One”

Liquid Assets Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Liquid Assets Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 158 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Beaverton
“Don't Miss This One”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Tonight was our first visit to Liquid Assets but it will definitely not be the last. We had a memorable dining experience. The food was exactly the sort we like to eat - fresh, excellently prepared and thoughtfully seasoned then served in portions of controlled size that allowed for eating an entire meal without feeling weighted down. I had the crab cakes with included flecks of red bell pepper that added a hint of bitterness to play against the sweet crab. There were three in an order that were exactly the size of the diver scallops my husband ordered so that at first sight we thought they had mistakenly brought 2 orders of scallops. The cakes rested on a mustard flavored remoulade sauce which was an excellent balance. The diver scallops were exquisitely prepared and served on a layer of pea puree then topped with sauteed leeks, a foam and a sprinkling of caviar. We were skeptical about a pea puree but the combination was bliss. Wines are available by glass or bottle and a full bottle is sold at about the retail price. What a bargain! We had a chevre and vanilla bean panna cotta for dessert and the funk of the cheese was a great harmony for the sweet vanilla. The use of the chevre did make the texture a bit grainy but the good flavor made that a flaw worth over looking. It was topped with fresh strawberries in balsamic vinegar which added a welcome freshness to the dessert. Our server, Lucie, was a joy whose passion for food was evident throughout. The photo art on the walls added a wonderful artsy feel to create the kind of ambiance that makes you want to stay the entire evening. Would highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013

Ashland, Oregon
“Great wine, great food, great ambiance!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

A friend recently suggested that we meet up at Liquid Assets and grab a glass of wine. What a great suggestion! The wine selection was superb (21+ wines to choose from!), the appetizers yummy and the quiet, elegant atmosphere perfect for catching up with a friend. We ordered a couple of small plates.... A cheese plate with three wonderful goat cheeses (Délice des Cremiers, Bijou and Bijou) and the crab cakes. Both were incredible and, while not inexpensive, well worth the money.
I can't wait to return! Next time I plan on bringing my husband to this great little wine bar!

Visited April 2013
Portland, OR
“Great food, ok atmosphere”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I went here for my birthday dinner before our play. When my husband asked if they did anything for birthdays they said, "No, but you can buy her a dessert." Oh gee thanks, I didn't realize that, should have been his response, this just seemed to be the typical service we got from the entire population in Ashland. Customer service was mostly non-existent when compared to what we are used to (Portland, OR). The food and wine were great. I had the scallops and my husband had the lamb. Both were wonderful although I wish there were more leeks, less pea puree with my scallops. My desert (chocolate lava cake) was to die for, the best I've had since our Carnival cruise (back in 2008, and I've tried it almost every time I see it on a menu).

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Classy,Comfortable little spot, in Warm classy town!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

we streched our drive out at least an extra hour, to stay and visit again this nice little break from a long road-trip to L.A. from Tacoma. This is about our 5th or 6th time here, and it just keeps getting better! We usually enjoy a glass or two of wine from their unique wine list, and order speciality cheese plates[Tapas], or a wonderful little supper. It's such a cozy place to change the routine on the hwy., and I don't think we've ever found another place we've liked any better going dowm I-5. Also we stay @ very nice hotels/ motels here!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank William M
Ashland, Oregon
“A Great Wine Bar With Small Plates”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Four of us stopped in for a light supper and a glass of wine. We were not disappointed. The wine selections were many and reasonably priced. We had a bottle priced at retail plus $5. Three people had crab cakes, which they said were delicious. I was in heaven with the mushroom carbonara. The seating is plush and relaxing, and the atmosphere is fun. Denise–one of the owners–was delightful. We will be back.

• Visited February 2013