“My husband and I stay at the Ashland...”

Ashland Springs Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stay at the Ashland Springs Hotel once a year. The hotel has the most adorable vintage charm to it and they have definitely continued the theme throughout. The location of the hotel is perfect and walking distance to almost everything. Also included in the price of your stay is free parking and complimentary breakfast, making this hotel a great bargain! The only downfall is that our room was a little tight but we didn't mind seeing as how we spend most of our time outside the room. This hotel is the place to stay if your visiting Ashland!

• Stayed: October 2010
There are newer reviews for Ashland Springs Hotel

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights to see wonderful Shakespeare etc. This beautiful old hotel is the perfect Ashland location for enjoying the town and theater: no car required for my mother and myself. The in-hotel restaurant is excellent, continental breakfast perfect, and surrounding shopping and plethora of interesting restaurants all you could ask for!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I reserved the cheapest room I could, and though very small had a amazing view and a very comfortable bed. I loved the location; out the back of the hotel you are one parking garage away from the New Theater. Complimentary breakfast was a nice spread. I've stayed in a number of the Ashland hotels, and this is my favorite. The decor is amazing; visit the lobby even if you are not staying there!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stayed at the hotel just one night but it was a wonderful experience--from when we arrived to when we left. The room was very nice with beautiful views of the surrounding area. Larks restaurant was just great--good choices, excellent food, great service, good value. The concierge was very helpful.

The only mildly negative note was that we arrived for the complimentary breakfast just after a tour of senior citizens had, so seating was very limited and there were crowds to get to the food. So be careful on your timing. Otherwise the food offering was acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2010

The Ashland Springs Hotel is hands-down the nicest hotel in Ashland. During the Shakespeare Festival, there is rarely an unbooked room, and so very few deals are to be had on rooms. But the price is worth it for the convenience and lovely atmosphere of this grand dame on Ashland's main street. The comfortable and gracious rooms are quiet, although small in the manner of older hotels. Bathrooms sleek and well-appointed. Our room had a small sitting area, and looked out over the back of the hotel to the hills--very private and scenic. I loved being there! My only small quibbles are with the lack of light in the rooms--2 queen beds and only 1 small reading light near each one (so one partner had no reading light). There was low light in the bathroom--makeup impossible to apply in the dimness! and the sitting area had a nice floor lamp that was essentially the only light in the room. An overhead light would be nice, or at least another floor lamp closer to the entrance to the room and the closets so you could see to find your way in and your clothes. Bathroom had only a shower, despite being quite large, and I had hoped for a tub to relax in. BUT, a super hotel indeed, immaculate, adequate continental breakfast, and a sweet late-night tea arrangement on the mezzanine to discuss the plays you saw. I'd go back in a heartbeat. We stayed elsewhere in Ashland before, but now I am spoiled forever by the Ashland Springs. Staff very nice. But book early!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2010

If you are visiting Ashland and you don't stay at the Ashland Springs Hotel you are missing out. They were wonderful. Everything was just so special and fantastic. I can not rave enough about this hotel. I used to stay at another hotel but now that I have experienced the Ashland Springs Hotel I will be a faithful customer. We also went to the Waterstone Spa and Salon and again had a GREAT time.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stay at the Ashland Springs Hotel often enroute from California to Portland on business. We have also stayed there, when time allowed, for pleasure while seeing the plays at the Shakespeare Festival The staff is always friendly and welcoming and our room waiting for us after a long drive. The location is the best in Ashland with parking right behind the hotel. The rooms, while small, are nicely done - and the bedding and sheets the BEST - so luxurious. I always get a great nights sleep. The restaurant, Larks, has excellent food and a nice environment. Don't miss the wonderful scones they have in the morning for breakfast which is included in the room price. Also appreciate the free internet.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business