All reviewsfront deskstandard hieindoor poolcinnamon rollsthe breakfast areaamerican pizzacaldera breweryqueen suiteshort driveshakespeare festivalmexican restaurantroad tripfree breakfastwould stay here againbeds were comfortableeasy accessfreeway
Reviewed June 17, 2017

Review 1. *****, Check in Agent was Rhonda.

Rhonda was such a warm and welcoming check-in agent. She helped us after we got rained out of camping at Emigrant Lake (kids wouldn't get out of the car). She was great and was the most amazing hotel person we interacted with on our whole trip.

Review 2. **, Front Desk person was Stephanie

Even though we signed and initialed that we wouldn't smoke (and so presumably had everyone else), around 10:30 PM at night, the people in Room 101 started smoking pot and a LOT of it. Smoke started billowing in under our adjoining door. I go out to the front desk, and Stephanie follows me back to the hallway and says, "yes its pot smoke". I ask her to tell them to stop AND to move us, as my daughter has severe asthma. Later when nothing has changed, I go back out to the front desk and I ask Stephanie if she has attended to telling them to stop (answer was OBVIOUSLY no as now the WHOLE hallway up to the pool smelled strongly of pot). She says tersely, "I haven't had time", and then "They probably just smelled that way when they came in". I almost start crying in that moment. I asked AGAIN that she make them stop, then move us. The best she could do is move us 2 doors down in hallway of pot smoke. My daughter had to stay up well passed her bedtime out in the lobby with a mask on while I propped open the back door to clear the pot smoke the best I could. I am personally offended that she defended the pot smokers without talking to them (did she personally know them?), rather than taking my daughters safety into consideration at a hotel that claims to be smoke-free. If we had another choice at 11:00 PM at night, I would have taken it.

I will never, ever go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Cedar F
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2017

Dear Cedar F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the level of service you received from our staff and for the inconvenience caused by other guests during your visit. Your feedback is troubling and will surely be looked into. Rest assured it will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 14, 2017

I can not get over how clean this hotel is! I've stayed many time over the years and it has never disappointed me. The staff is always friendly and helpful and makes you feel truely welcome! For anyone traveling thru Ashland, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

A really nice hotel! Well it seems to be showing some age it is really well kept. The staff was very friendly and informative about things happening in the area. We have yet to be disappointed in a stay at HIE. The breakfast layout was nicely presented and featured standard menu items.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

Made a stopover at this location before continuing on to Charleston SC.
Great Staff...Nice Rooms...Nice Breakfast...Nice Price
This location is 18 miles north of Richmond and has plenty of restaurants to chose from in the area.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed May 21, 2017

Stayed here while traveling northbound. We were very pleased with the location, hotel, and staff that we booked another reservation for our return trip home! It is conveniently located on the 5 fwy and in such a beautiful location with awesome greenery - something we don't get in California. It seemed about 15 minutes from the California border. Such a wonderful hotel for road travel. I was happy with the bathroom mirror lighting. (just had to get that out there). There are several eateries in the area, but the one we liked was a pizza shop that delivers to the hotel called The Great American Pizza Co. They have quite an extensive pizza selection but can be a little pricy if you like to custom your pizza, but the best pizza I've had in a long time.
On the return trip, the hotel staff kindly let us check in early as we had been traveling a long way. Check out The Oregon Shakespeare Festival which is a regional repertory theater in Ashland. Each year, the festival produces eleven plays on three stages during a season that lasts from mid-February to early November. Time didn't permit, but we plan to put this on our schedule. Nice hotel, great staff, good location. I would recommend and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor at the end and not near the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank giftfixx
Tom H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We're glad you had good stay and enjoyed the area. Great American is definitely a favorite for pizza in town. Please come back when you can stay longer and catch some plays at OSF. Look forward to seeing you again.