“What superb dining! Excited to come back!”
Review of Coquina

Coquina
Ranked #15 of 157 Restaurants in Ashland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“What superb dining! Excited to come back!”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Each course could rival the best cuisine in our top restaurants in San Francisco! What a gem and a surprise to enjoy in Ashland.
Judy M.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem off the beaten path and around the corner from the Peerless Inn”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. It was wonderful. It was not hugely crowded but clearly deserves more attention. We had the quail and the Brie/fig appetizers. Both emanated classic flavors but in an innovative and artistic style. The sauce on the quail was so wonderful that we used our bread to soak up all the last drops. Our salads were caprese and the crab and avocodo. Caprese was extremely fresh, both the mozzarella and the tomatoes. The crab and avocado was beautifully dilayed and well dressed. The main courses including pistachio crusted halibut with risotto cake and seasonal vegetables, scallops with spanish chorizo and fresh spices, and gnocchi with Kobe beef and pork bolognese were all extremely delicious. The portions were not too much or too little and were all a very solid combination of flavors. We decided to indulge in dessert and got the chocolate torte with pomegranate sauce which was actually perfect. It was not too creamy or sweet and we thought it was the best chocolate dessert we had had in a very long time! Overall the experience was great with a very nice atmosphere and great lighting.

1 Thank bbruns11
California
“New Favorite Restaurant in Ashland!”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Coquina is a wonderful addition to Ashland. Every dish was cooked to perfection and beautifully served. I was happy that my friend who lives in Ashland had made a reservation at Coquina.
The word will spread quickly so be sure to make a reservation!

San Francisco, CA
“This is the restaurant of the moment in Ashland. Be ahead of the curve (and crowds)”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

While I was staying at the Ashland Mountain Inn, my very urbane and food-literate inn keeper strongly suggested that I add Coquina to my high-powered restaurant list (which included New Sammy's, Liquid Assets, etc). So I cancelled my reservation at the Peerless (which is reportedly uneven in food quality these days) and went to Coquina, a new restaurant run by a talented wife (the chef) and husband (the manager) team. These people love food and it shows!

I enjoyed everything I tasted, even simple things like my salmon, which was cooked unusually to perfection with the skin on it. There were so many thoughtful touches to the food, which combined great flavors and were served to me with great care.

If you are looking for a fancy restaurant experience with heavy french drapes, lot of pretension, and an old wine cellar, don't come here. But, instead, if you love good food, a soulful chef, and clean and contemporary decor, this is your place. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

2 Thank DogenJoe
Spokane, Washington
“Bandon's famous Wild Rose Bistro is now Coquina in Ashland”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We have been big fans of the Wild Rose Bistro in Bandon for years. They have recently relocated to Ashland and opened Coquina in the Railroad District. We have been to their new restaruant in Ashland twice now and are just as impressed. We have been all over the world eating at fine restaurants and Coquina is one of our favorites. We will be back as often as possible.

2 Thank dining36

Been to Coquina? Share your experiences!