“Great pan-Asian cuisine!”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have eaten here several times, and the food is always good, and the staff I friendly and efficient.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Food was great! A nice unique and exquisite experience. Our waitress was awesome. She had a good sense of humor. We did not have to wait for a table, which was nice for once (the other two restaurants we tried in Ashland had us waiting 20 minutes for a table). Vegetarian friendly. Not much more to say :-)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We are on a road trip and stayed in Medford overnight, but we went to Ashland for dinner for the experience, since none of us had been there. This restaurant is right next to the Shakespearean theaters, a major center of activity. There were lots of people on the street and a short free music performance outdoors prior to the evening theater.

The restaurant was not crowded on a week night, but did have other patrons. They have many menu options, including sushi. I thoroughly enjoyed my futomaki and sweet potato maki rolls. Our table also had the seaweed salad and the double double roll and the Taroko Chicken. Everything was really good. Our waiter was very helpful and answered many questions, including giving us an overall perspective of the town. I thought the prices were very reasonable.

After dinner wander down the main street of town and drop in at Zoey's Café for top-notch ice cream!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I ate there the other night before heading over to OSF. She was happy to see they offered a sweet potato-only tempura so we started with that... what arrived were half-inch thick slabs of potato that were oily. We then had the sushi sampler, a spicy crawfish maki and a "double double" roll. The sushi was very good, but nothing special. The crawfish maki was depressingly nondescript and the double double roll, while a beautiful thing, was just over-the-top to the point where the taste of the fish was trounced by the spice and the buried jalapeño pepper slivers. As to the service another reviewer described the service as "quick and cheerful" and that's bang-on, but after being politely told there was a backup in the kitchen we suddenly ended up with a table crowded with oversized plates. It would have been nice to stagger the delivery a little or offer to clear the potato slabs before delivering the entree. It's a nice room, there's a very nice fairly dark bar all the way in the back, but it just didn't do it for me.

1  Thank Jeremy S
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place make look like a hole in the wall from the outside, but the food is special. I had the California Roll and the Philadelphia Roll. Both were wonderful. My wife and daughter said they loved their food. Service was quick and cheerful.