“Art in Food”

Smithfields Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Smithfields Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 165 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St
Description: Smithfields Restaurant and Bar located in Ashland, Oregon is a neighborhood steakhouse restaurant and bar which specializes in sustainable nose to tail dining (utilizing the whole animal) and in-house charcuterie.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

For me, it's rare to find a restaurant that combines food and art. Usually, you would have to pay a lot of money at a five star restaurant. My sister who lives here took me to this restaurant. We came as the restaurant was closing- It closed at 130pm. This restaurant is a breakfast and brunch restaurant, unfortunately. My waitress recommended the sweet and savory special. This special had a pancake with a wonderfully cooked and cut pork round with sunny-side up egg on top. When it came out, I had to take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this dish. I came close to not eating it because it looked so beautiful. Fortunately, I didn't make that mistake and took my first bite. Wowza! The combination of the savory pork and egg with the sweetness of the pancake and syrup was sublime. The pork was juicy and tender; the egg was the perfect taste and the pancake was fluffy. Not only did my eyes get to enjoy the beautiful of this dish but my mouth as well. This place has great outdoor seating with a nice view of the mountains. It made eating here on Sunday's pleasant. The food is pricy, but most of the restaurant in Ashland are pricy when the city's tourism pick up in June. Even so, this place is worth it and is not a tourist trap of the city. Worth checking out!

1  Thank Black0ut1983

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant says they are "meat centric" . We were here for Saturday brunch and had the breakfast burrito, the corned beef hash, and the BLT. The peanut butter, chocolate chip, banana flapjacks with strawberry sounded fantastic. We would love to come back for dinner, the smoked meat smelled wonderful!

1  Thank Marti R
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I love coming to this place. Came here with the family Sunday for some brunch and really enjoyed. Delicious food made from scratch and you no they use local products too. If you haven't had there fried potato cakes then your missing out! Only time we can get our 4 yr old to eat anything with potatoes . Everything was really good had a wonderful time there. It is off the main stretch but worth seeking out trust me on this one.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We came here for my birthday dinner. It was warm so we sat outside. My halibut was grilled perfectly and served with flavorful lemon couscous. My husband ordered the hanging steak and he said it was just "ok". Service was slow, however we talked over drinks. The waiter needed to be told twice that one couple was sharing a dinner and to split it between two plates after bring it on one and to put a candle in my dessert. Waiter was pleasant and friendly, but not attentive. We had also told him when we ordered that one person would be buying the meals and the other was paying for drinks and dessert. One bill was presented which had to be reworked. Not sure if this is typical or just the waiter, perhaps having a bad night.

1  Thank MayaMia203
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I ate here on our first night in Ashland. A warm Sunday evening so we sat outside. Excellent margarita to start and the 2 specials were ordered were excellent.

I had the smoked brisket that melted in your mouth and my wife enjoyed an excellent hanger steak.

Food complemented by attentive service.

We will be back if our travels bring us back to Ashland

Been to Smithfields Restaurant and Bar? Share your experiences!