“Lots of choices on the menu”

Smithfields Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Smithfields Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St
Description: Smithfields Restaurant and Bar located in Ashland, Oregon is a neighborhood steakhouse restaurant and bar which specializes in sustainable nose to tail dining (utilizing the whole animal) and in-house charcuterie.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Even though this is a meat centric (their term), there are enough options that I would take me vegetarian friends here. We went on a Friday night after the plays has started, so not crowded at all. We had chicken and steak, both nicely cooked. The asparagus salad was very unique and tasty. Sugar snap peas were the best! Tile friends about it and they wanted to go so back on Saturday before a play. My friend ordered the same chicken I had the night before. Unfortunately, it was way undercooked. They took care of it and took it off our bill. I had the Mac and Cheese and sugar snap peas. The guys had the had the hangar steak special. They even made collared greens taste good. Nice patio seating. We will go back when we are in Ashland.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had dinner here on Saturday night of Memorial Day weekend which might explain the gaps in the very friendly service.

The food is Fan.Tas.Tic. The charcuterie platter is salty and delicious with a sweet whole grain mustard accent. The butter lettuce salad was fresh and springy. We shared the goat cheese souffle and the hanger steak. Delicious! My favorite, although apparently not for everyone including my husband, was the bacon beignets and caramel ice cream. The sweet and salt combination was divine. I could have eaten it twice.

We sat out on the patio on a warm night and it was so lovely. No bugs. Nice chatter from surrounding tables but not loud. Short walk from our hotel.

I highly recommend this Ashland treasure.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I worry about doing this and losing our favorite table...but here goes...Smithfields is absolutely our favorite restaurant. We live in Ashland and go at least once a week. The prices are incredibly reasonable when you consider the quality of food you recieve. I have never had better fish and chips anywhere...and I lived on the Coast for 30 years...Their Brisket can be eaten with a flimsy plastic fork it is so tender. Their Mac and Cheese is to die for, and their burger with house bacon is outstanding!....My absolute favorite food there are their House Pickles....I buy them fresh and in the jar for emergency cravings at home! Their cheese tray is also amazing....you can take home a jar of their Vanilla Orange Marmalade, to put on everything! They make many of their amazing sauces to go home as well...bbq sauce...so good...There is just too much to mention....Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake with Honey Comb....OMG! Totally redundant, but...it is the best dessert anywhere! So, beyond the food....The staff are wonderful. You truly feel like you are part of their family.The kind of folks who are just happy, fun and friendly. They are obviously proud of their restaurant and it shows....Ok... enough said...Just please go and enjoy! (Oh, and their Mint Margie is again, the best drink you can find anywhere....Its Margarita meets Mojito, made with mint from their garden...perfection!)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went for breakfast here last fall (2013) and the food was wonderful. Unfortunately, this spring went during the week and they don't serve breakfast on week days. Did go to the bar for a drink before a play and had some lovely Scotch (Bowmore 12 year).

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Strong emphasis on meat so don't bother if you're vegetarian. They do an excellent
job with meat and simple vegetables. Stick with the simpler dishes. Funky but fun atmosphere. Outdoor seating is nice in the summer.