“If you love meat, this is your place”

Smithfields Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Smithfields Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St
Description: Smithfields Restaurant and Bar located in Ashland, Oregon is a neighborhood steakhouse restaurant and bar which specializes in sustainable nose to tail dining (utilizing the whole animal) and in-house charcuterie.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very nice brunch with creative and interesting choices. The ambiance is casual but upscale and the waitstaff is very attentive. Good location within walking distance of everything downtown.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went out with girlfriends and enjoyed a shared meal and drinks. It was so great that I said I wanted to eat there everyday.
Went back next day for breakfast. Same experience.
Food is made to order, lots of selections. Service was outstanding. Bartender is cute. What more could a girl want?
I will be telling all my friends, and bringing my out of town guests who I want to impress with the quality of our restaurants in Ashland. Not to be missed.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My son is at SOU and we've tried many restaurants in Ashland over the years. Some of the highly rated ones seemed rather mediocre to us (we're tried and true foodies from Portland). This restaurant rivaled the best we have eaten at anywhere... VERY meat centric (vegetarians need not go at all)! The appetiser "board" was perfect. The bacon beignet's with maple creme fraiche were to die for (they also have a version for dessert).! My son had the chicken (I know, what can you do?) and loved it. My husband and I split the 14 oz. lamb porterhouse and a side of roasted cauliflower. The lamb was perfect. The cauliflower had a little too much sauce but tasted wonderful. Too full for dessert. Will come back if I can beat off enough folks to get reservations..... Our server was lovely....

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Right across the street from Winchester Inn (where we were staying). Nice spot with good food. Very impressive menu for Ashland. I had the Beef Stroganoff, which had pickled vegetable on top, which I though were wierd, while my wife had fried chicken, with mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, which was delicious. It's been there for a couple of years, so hopefully it will be around the next time we come, since we will go back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to Smithfields on my birthday with my wife and Mom. Had a steak with horseradish mash potatoes and a few onion rings over the potatoes. Was it good...yes. Was it worth 38 dollars? No. This place serves good meat dishes in a very casual restaurant atmosphere.Service is ok. I would like to patronize them more, but they are at least 10 dollars per dinner item overpriced per my opinion. Hope they make it. I can't afford them on a regular basis.

1  Thank Parafire76

Been to Smithfields Restaurant and Bar? Share your experiences!