“Very happy with my meal at the Loft”
Review of Loft Ashland

Loft Ashland
Ranked #24 of 160 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: French-American Bistro featuring outdoor, rooftop, creekside dining above the Lithia Artisans Market along idyllic Ashland Creek.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I went to the Loft before taking in a play at the outdoor theater. I was a high maintenance customer that night, but the head waiter really worked hard to accommodate me. First I complained because I was sitting right next to the live musician and wanted to be farther away. I asked him if I could move to a table across the patio. He checked and said "Sure". But not only that he was sympathetic and empathetic to my request, sharing that he would have felt the same way and that he understood why I would want to move. Then I was having trouble making up my mind, and he told me that his recommendation was to try the filet of sole special and that it looked very good. I went with it, and I wasn't disappointed. The filet of sole was grilled in a light spices covering and it was grilled to perfection. It was very tasty, and just the right texture, firm, yet tender and flaky like one would expect filet of sole to be. And the portion was surprisingly very generous. And it was plated very well, with a very southern lightly creamed corn base with appropriate seasoning. It was very good, and I was definitely full when I left. We will definitely make this restaurant one we will return to next year. To boot, I thought the price was very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food. My compliments to both the head waiter, staff, and chef.

There are newer reviews for Loft Ashland

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Been there a number of times. Very consistent and good. Service wonderful. Lamb shank, Mac and cheese, beet salad, gnocchi all excellent, as are burgers. Only critique is they cover the plate with fries with everything from burger to ribeye when a veggie would be more appealing. Good value but can add up with wines, dessert, etc.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have not eaten here in a long time, but tonight we ventured up the back stairs, (wrong way, but the waiter showed us to were the hostess was). I enjoy the evenings when it is so nice out. We were able to sit on the deck over looking the creek, (there is plenty of umbrellas and awnings for shade from the sun which is nice).
The staff was helpful to give suggestions, and the waiter was right on with his suggestion. The waiter was also helpful for us to get just the seat we wanted, after we asked if we could move. My husband loved the filet of sole special, over a Southern corn kernel base, (It was one of the specials and a reasonable price too and the serving of fish was very generous).
We got there around 6pm and were able to get a table, eat leisurely and have time to get to the play.
We will be back again next year, that's for sure.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We all ordered something different so we could try it all. And we were not disappointed! It was a bit tricky to find but it was only our first full day in town - we figured it out quickly enough.
Sat outside and enjoyed the scenery.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We went to the Loft on our last night in Ashland and didn't have to hurry because we saw an afternoon play, so we were relaxed, and ready to love dinner...and we really did. The mussels were cooked in a wonderful Pernod based sauce, and we were plied with bread so we could sop it up after we finished the mussels. We shared all our dishes and the chef split the delicious macaroni and crab casserole into two ramekins and cooked them separately....lovely gesture making a small meal seem large. The waiter was attentive, but not intrusive, and the hostess was charming and helpful.....all in all, a great meal, finished with profiteroles, yummm.

Been to Loft Ashland? Share your experiences!