“Best Coffee in Ashland”

Noble Coffee Roasting
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Ashland
Description: Bustling coffee roasting company in Southern Oregon offering organic espresso drinks & pastries in a spacious, modern interior.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If your palate is past Starbucks and are looking for the real deal, Noble has the best coffee in Ashland and is one of the best on the West Coast. That is saying a lot but true. They are fanatics about getting it right. They roast their own beans from eco-correct small co-ops around the world.

It is rare that I can get a cappuccino and not need a bit of sugar, but at Noble I have found no sugar required. If it is they provide a unique organic liquid sugar to add as needed. The pastry section does not compare with Mix, the second-best coffee in town and also excellent, and the outside seating is adequate but again pales in comparison to Mix, but the coffee is world-class.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Noble is out to educate us about coffee, so beware. They aren't willing to do anything "special" and instead refuse to make small changes to their standard fare in the name of teaching you to drink good coffee. Okay, so I've had coffee in many parts of our country and others, and have been drinking espresso drinks for decades. I am totally unimpressed and irritated to be "taught" how to drink it....Sometimes a preference is just a preference, folks! With the prices, you'd think a little customization might be do-able.

Now, I know you're thinking my request must be extreme and I'm a snob so I'll tell you what it is: I'd like a SINGLE latte or cappuccino once in a while. Noble's machines pull double shots. I have asked them to simply DUMP 1/2 the shot(s) and add 1/2 they pull to my latte. Nope. They won't do it. They want me to have two so I know what a real latte is...

Oy vey.

1  Thank travelann42
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My chai latte was very tasty, very hot, and had an awesome design on the top. My friend's espresso latte was equally well-made. The line moved quickly, the baristas were competent, the atmosphere was friendly. The large open space had a sort of warehouse chic look to it. Many people were enjoying their coffee drinks and scones while surfing the net with their laptops. The coffee roasting machine was on the premises, and it was very impressive-looking. They offered coffee-making accessories for sale. Great place!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

You can't get a better coffee or a nicer coffee house in Ashland. It;s not only politically correct - it's delicious.

2  Thank old-guy11
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is not a joke. It literally smells like human feces! I have been in other coffee roasting establishments that did not smell this way. Perhaps they are serving "monkey butt" coffee? It blows my mind that this place gets good reviews. They don't even serve EcoTeas Yerba Mate (A local company). Noble is Terrible.