“great experience from start to finish” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips

Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The best rafting trips in Ashland, Oregon are with Kokopelli River Guides! Rafting and kayaking on the Rogue River and Klamath River are our passion and we want to share that love of the river with you! We are located in beautiful Ashland, Oregon. Take the time while you are here to experience a river trip like no other! Our guides love guiding and it shows! Our lunches and snacks are healthy and delicious. Join us for a half day to several days on the river and see why we love what we do.
Santa Rosa, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
“great experience from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I called Kokopelli to set up a rafting trip as part of an eighth grade graduation trip for my students.From the beginning everyone I spoke with was warm, kind and professional. They were quick to respond to emails and phone messages. They were understanding and accommodating regarding dietary restrictions. This morning Brian picked us up promptly for our trip and it was great to know he was going to be our guide too. From the start he was open, interested in what we had to say and interesting to listen to. He took just the right tone with the kids; instructive and intuitive, giving them the perfect amount of information and answering their questions appropriately. He was positive and humorous without resorting to the kind of false hilarity that I find so annoying with people who only think they're good with kids. In 27 years of taking students of all ages on field trips I have to say he gets the highest grade ever. I enjoyed this experience with my students more than any other "tour guided" trip I've ever taken, because it was clear that we were in such good hands and I was free to sit back and have fun too! I would recommend this company wholeheartedly to anyone.

Visited June 2014
KokopelliRiverGuides, Owner at Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Robyn, thank you so much for such a great review of your rafting trip with your students on the Upper Klamath! You guys were a ton of fun and we can't wait to raft with you again next year if you come back to Ashland. We look forward to seeing you again!
All the best, Leslie Dopp

Ashland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME! Exceeded all expectations and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Having just moved to Oregon from Colorado, we had high expectations for river rafting! It was our first trip on the Upper Klamath and with Kokopelli River Guides, but I must say it blew our expectations out of the water and we had the best trip of our lives. The team at Kokopelli were professional, knew their stuff and were amazing guides; we felt like old friends by the end of the day! Their staff are all wonderful. They had all the gear one would need to raft in cold waters, which was comforting and their food was amazing. We had fresh fruit and muffins with OJ served to us while we waited for the guides to put the boats into the water, which came as a total surprise to us! Then the lunch was delicious as well, healthy and nourishing. They even served fresh avocado to go with our sandwich, which made my day! The river was awesome, the best I've been on, so much fun and filled with excitement. I highly recommend Kokopelli River Guides and have already recommended them to our guests at our Inn! Thank you guys, you're the best! We hope to take another trip with you before the summer ends for sure!

Visited June 2014
Thank you so much for the great review of your Upper Klamath trip and the play by play of your experience! We aim to please and it sounds like you were a happy customer! I am glad you got to experience the best whitewater in the west in the summer months! We hope you come back to raft with us again soon! All the best, Leslie Dopp
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Enjoyable trip even though husband fell in!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We tried at first to book with another company, but after three calls told they only went out for a minimum of four people, and anyway "it was going to rain". Kokopelli, however, arranged a trip for just the two of us, at the end of the season, and the weather was lovely. They picked us up from our hotel. Nick the guide was very nice, and very professional the way he fished my husband out of the water with amazing speed when he got thrown out in the final class three rapid. I was impressed! My only suggestion for improvement: that the tying on of spectacles be compulsory, not optional. His $500 specs now down with the salmon.:-(
(Disappointed not to see any salmon today.) Yes recommend this company, very obliging. Oh, and the salsa snack was delicious!

1 Thank JaneChe
KokopelliRiverGuides, Owner at Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you Jane for such a kind review about your rafting trip on the Rogue yesterday. I am sorry to hear that your husband fell out of the raft, but I am glad that Nick got him back into the boat quickly. Falling out doesn't happen on every trip, but it is the nature of the beast. I'm sorry to hear that he lost his glasses in the river. Our guides do recommend that people get a strap for their glasses for this trip, but we don't want to force people to buy one if they don't want to.
I am happy that we could accommodate you and your husband. We never turn away groups of two. We want everyone to be able to get out with us and enjoy our incredible rivers! Thank you for spending the day with Kokopelli! We hope to see you out on the river with us again!
Best,
Paradise, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“mature ladies can raft”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

My sister and I had a great time on the Klamath with Nick. It was so reassuring to us to have such a hunk as Nick protecting us! His sense of humor is terrific, he was safety conscience and he was very skillful at guiding the raft. He was very knowledgeable about the river and surrounding. We went late in the season. Leslie made accommodations for us. Nick had the van all loaded and ready to go when we got there. And the weather was perfect. It was a great trip. We recommend Kokopelli to everyone. I know we'd like to do it again!

2 Thank JoanParadise
KokopelliRiverGuides, Owner at Kokopelli River Guides - Day Trips, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Joan, I am so glad you and your sister had a great day rafting on the Klamath River with Nick. He certainly knows how to entertain! Maybe next time you can talk your sister into rafting some bigger rapids? We will definitely look forward to two "mature ladies" rafting with our "hunk" of a guide again! I'm glad that we gave you a memorable rafting experience!
Best,
3 attraction reviews
“Kokopelli's whitewater rafting trip is a raft-full of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My 10 yr old son had his first rafting experience and now is hooked. We had a great day with Nick who shared not only his technical rafting experience but also included more general nature/outdoor tour with his knowledge of the area and flora/fauna and not to mention his great sense of humor! We hope to get back next year. A big Thanks to Kokopelli and Nick!

Visited September 2013
Thank you so much for such a nice review of your recent rafting trip with Nick. I am glad that your 10 yr old son and you enjoyed the trip on the Rogue River. Nick certainly is an entertainer and I'm glad that he provided a fun trip! We look forward to rafting with both of you again. Next time...maybe we'll let your son guide the boat! :-)
Best to both of you,