The M Ashland Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Motel has been recently remodeled andwas nicely done. Beautiful bathrooms, nice hardwood floors and a great bed. Room was kinda small but very clean. Great customer service and pet friendly :-) I would recommends it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The remodel here is very tastefully done. They couldn't make the rooms any bigger, but this place has character -- something generally lacking in the franchise rooms. Gorgeous shower! Ask for an upstairs room, or a room in the one-story section, to avoid the mischance of having elephants overhead. Very convenient to the best breakfast in Ashland, and a nice walk after a play in the summer. The two sisters who run the place are sweethearts and care about their guests' comfort. A welcoming blast from the 1950s.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The owners were super friendly and the room was clean and we would definitely stay there again. The room was very small, but nicely updated. The floors and bathroom were newly remodeled. The motel is dog friendly and greeted us with a dog treat for our four legged family member.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Shabby old motel
I had to stay here for two weeks
Bedding horrible. Old stained mattress old coarse sheets flat pillows and a scary old dirty comforter. Tiny rooms. Terrible bathrooms toilet like 12 inches from wall I'm small 5'7". Anyone larger than me probably won't fit
Also housekeping kept missing my room
Very noisy
Cheap though
Stay elsewhere

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Ashland Motel on our way to Palm Desert and what a delightful stop. It is not a brand new place but a carefully cared for special spot with all the amenities and reasonable prices. It was spotless, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was recently remodeled. I plan to stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I always stop in Ashland on my way to Seattle (half way from LA) and usually stay at my friends. This time I decided to stay at the newly refurbished Ashland Motel. I looked on their website, (in my opinion a face lift of that would be very beneficial) and checked out the pics and reviews and decided to take one for the team. I'm glad I did. I was greeted warmly as I came in late and got a room for 45.00 (AAA discount). My room number was 114 and it was a smaller unit. I've included pictures of the unit I stayed in the 2nd time (107). It was a very clean and Ikea- styled unit. Super basic but it had a nice bed and minifridge as well as a microwave.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I always stop in Ashland on my way to Seattle (half way from LA) and usually stay at my friends. This time I decided to stay at the newly refurbished Ashland Motel. I looked on their website, (in my opinion a face lift of that would be very beneficial) and checked out the pics and reviews and decided to take one for the team. I'm glad I did. I was greeted warmly as I came in late and got a room for 45.00 (AAA discount). My room number was 14 and it was a smaller unit. I've included pictures. It was a very clean and Ikea- styled unit. Super basic but it had a nice bed and minifridge as well as a microwave. I found this motel to be extremely affordable and comfortable and the staff friendly and accommodating. I will be staying here on future trips...the skiing at mt Ashland is supposed to be good for beginners!