“The Best FRESH Mex in Town!”
Review of Agave Taco - MOVED

Agave Taco
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Agave has moved across the street to 5 Granite street. come see us at our bigger location
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Agave is a wonderful little Mexican restaurant just off the plaza in Ashland. It's conveniently located near the plaza and an easy walk to all the Ashland sites, including Lithia Park and the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. The food is outstanding! Everything I have had there is very flavorful and fresh. I'm partial to the pollo asado tacos! The margaritas are made with fresh squeezed key lime juice, NOT some sweet syrup. Everything is made in-house, including the tortillas and chips, and the delicious coconut ice cream! Service is outstanding...which is perfect if you're in a hurry for a play. The outside seating is great when the weather is nice. Great place!

1  Thank Rich M

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am shocked that I didn't try this place earlier! The tacos are incredible, as are the margaritas, guacamole and tamales. My dining partner and I tried the carnitas, pollo, fish and carne asada tacos. It's very tough for me to choose just one favorite since they were all great, but I'd have to pick the fish. It was cooked perfectly and was light and wonderful.

Definitely worth a visit. Come in and get a few tacos in 15 minutes or less, or start with an appetizer (the presentation of the guacamole alone is worth it) and stay for a bit. Great ambiance. Service was fast and very friendly. I'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Jonah K
Reviewed January 9, 2013

GO!!! eat at this little restaurant. the food is delicious and very reasonably priced for the high quality. we had various tamales and each of us paid less than $5.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very small place but sidewalk seating right near Ashland Plaza. Their selections are fresh and just the right size. And a better margarita can be found nowhere.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I followed the revies on tripadvisor for our time in Ashland. Agave was our first night. I wanted to stay for the evening and cancel the theater. I had the tamale with red sauce, beef taco, fish taco. This was fresh and the flavors were a peak experience. The tamale was thin masa and not the typical over masa of american tamales. Highly recommend and will return. Had lunch later at the New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro and was tlking to a couple and mentioned Agave to them and they said they had dinner there the same night and loved it as well. Good Recommendation Travel Advisor.