“Rogue River Experience”

and up
Rogue River Half-Day Raft Trip
Ranked #3 of 15 Tours in Ashland
More attraction details
Owner description: Momentum is a small guide owned and operated company offering whitewater rafting in Oregon, Northern California, Idaho and beyond – including trips from our home in beautiful Ashland Oregon. You will enjoy world-class river and adventure travel trips in small groups with unparalleled personal service, a handcrafted quality and attention to detail, organic meals, and one of the most experienced (and friendly) guide staff’s in the world. We offer trips ranging from mild to heart pounding, from half-day trips to 9-day wilderness adventures; most are off the beaten path, and all offer incredible whitewater and scenery. Whether you’re a first-timer or an experienced paddler, join us for a river trip like no other!
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Rogue River is full of elemental life that flows full the entire trip. This trip was a gift for my wife's 70th birthday. Our 3-day rafting trip with Momentum River Expeditions was well guided and, although it was very cold the first day, overall the entire experience was satisfactory. Lunches were prepared from fresh ingredients by Jeff and Simon (the guides) and hit the spot all three times! This three-day trip could easily have been done in two days, with a one night stay at the Marial Lodge. Food at the Marial Lodge, after a full first day on the river, was superb in all respects, and the lodge paid specific attention to our dietary requests. Food was well prepared and served with skill and love and it was delicious. Water was hot in the clean, drab rooms and the beds comfortable enough. Less than one hour downstream was our second night’s stay at the Paradise Lodge. Its accommodations were plusher than those at the Marial Lodge, although its meat-heavy food was country-institutional, impersonal, and not as satisfying. Approximately four hours from departure at Paradise Lodge, we hoisted the rafts out of the river at trip's end. Momentum River Expeditions could improve the experience of the trip by providing a better equipment list and a more detailed itinerary. For example, we couldn’t help but notice that the guides had special waterproof socks/boots of neoprene that kept their feet warm while ours froze in sandals. The equipment lists mentions secure footwear and sandals as guide favorites. While a statement about how cold it could get in May would not have kept us away, it would have caused us to rethink our clothing supplies. Finally, what trek into nature wouldn’t benefit from a bar of good chocolate along the way?

1  Thank ThinkItThrough
There are newer reviews for Momentum River Expeditions

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I booked a trip with Momentum though Zozi.com for a three day kayaking trip on the Klamath River and had a wonderful experience, although not on the Klamath. When water levels were too low for kayaking on the Klamath, the company immediately contacted me with several options, including a full refund. Instead, I opted for a similar trip at the same time on the Rogue River. This was a trip the company had set up just for those of us who had signed up for the Klamath, which I really appreciated since I had already gotten time off of work and didn’t want to waste my vacation.

Momentum emailed a very helpful info packet including packing list and places to stay. I was able to reserve needed equipment online and get them info on my dietary needs. All the equipment on the trip was clean and in good repair. Also, I should say that I was traveling as a single female and never felt a moment's worry.

Our guides, Anthony and Tyler were great, friendly, helpful, instructive, hardworking, and always calm when someone inevitably fell into the water and needed to be fished out. We didn’t have to do anything but relax and enjoy the trip. Anthony especially was extremely knowledgeable and was able to inform us about everything from wildflowers to creek names to the history of gold mining in the area.

And the food was delicious! They were able to seamlessly accommodate gluten-free and vegetarian members of our group.

As soon as I got home I started telling people about the great trip and what a great company this is. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

1  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I and six of my friends in our mid 20s did a 4 day trip with Momentum (three days on the Cal Salmon and one day on Clear Creek). I could not speak more highly of this outfitter: guides were friendly and knew what they were doing, food was spot on, and the place was incredible.

Highly recommend.

- Alex

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had hoped that my kids first river experience would be a good one and Momentum far exceeded just "good"! From the first interactions via email for reservations...to our guide picking us up at our lodging, everything was excellent. Our guide was friendly, informative, compassionate, and understanding regarding the needs of not only my younger kids, but also the older couple who was on our trip. The whole operation was so dialed in that it ran without a hitch and without a lot of hoopla. Arden was out guide...fantastic...and she effortlessly took care of everything. I can't recommend Momentum enough. I'd love to come back and do and multi-day trip!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

AMAZING! I'll be back next year! Seamless execution of guided tours, food and camp set up, and good times! Hides were knowledgable, compassionate, and simply awesome! I'm already looking on the site for my next trip!