“Beautiful location, good food”

Callahan's Mountain Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Callahan's Mountain Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Callahan's Mountain Lodge is a family owned and operated business in Southern Oregon for 69 years, founded in 1947. Nestled below Mt. Ashland and conveniently located 11 miles from Ashland, Oregon. Awarded 4 years in a row for the best restaurant by the Ashland Gallery Association, Callahan's chefs will bring your wedding taste pallets to life with an assortment of hors d'oeuvre, entree and dessert choices in addition to custom menus suited to each event. Callahan's full service bar and career bartenders can handle any drink selection with the artistic flair needed to make a drink - truly special. Inside Callahan's you and your guests can enjoy our 4 story lodge which features 19 spacious rooms with Jacuzzi tubs in every one and fireplaces in 16 of 19 rooms. Penthouses, 2 room suites or single and double queen rooms will ensure you and your guests have the right room for your special moments. Callahan's outdoor wedding space encompasses a deck dining area which can accommodate up to 160 guests. This dining area overlooks our waterfall and gazebo which pillars our 12,000 square foot lawn that can accommodate up to 250 guests. As a family business it is our goal to ensure that your family feels at home and we will ensure your experience when remembered is worth sharing for generations - as we have been here for generations.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for dinner here on the way south. Everyone at the table liked their food. A little on the pricey side.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We arrived to Callahans on one of those very windy days in Oregon and it downed some trees which knocked out power to Callahans. But they cook with gas so I decided to stay and give it a try as I'd never been to Callahans before despite living in the valley for over 20 years.
Best decision ever!
The only light was the natural light from the big windows overlooking the patio and picturesque forrest and from many candles..... it made for amazing ambience. I can't imagine how difficult it was for the staff to prepare meals for everyone especially for the party of 10 that was my family. But they served us efficiently and cheerfully. I had the Tuscan Chicken Roulade.... my mouth still waters at the thought of how yummy it was. The best Chicken dinner I've EVER had!! And as this was my 55th Birthday, that's really saying something!
I HIGHLY recommend Callahans for any occasion, be it an intimate dinner or family gathering. Oh and I can't forget to mention their acoustic guitarists who sing and play so gently in the background making the already wonderful experience just perfect!
They are also a Lodge and I hope to make my next trip an over night stay!
I've sung their praises to anyone who will listen! And to the owners and staff at Callahans you are the best!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I spent three nights eating all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in my room and the dining room. Whenever possible, I order something like Lasagna first. That provides a uniform basis to judge the taste, appearance and portion size compared to price of the meal. Callahan’s went way over the top with everything. The purpose for this trip, was to present a special housewarming gift to my sister who lives in Ashland and invite a few friends, having a nice meal out. While both my Sister’s contractor & I ordered the Baby Back Ribs, unfortunately they proved to be a less than satisfactory cut of meat. Definitely no fault of the Chef, but rather their supplier of meat. The wait staff were apologetic as all get out and both of us got reimbursed in full, since the others were more than satisfied and finished with their meals. I’ll just have to go back, as everyone was raving about their baby back ribs. I can certainly attest to their STEAK & EGGS on their breakfast menu. I had it twice and the steak is a full 8 oz RIB-EYE, cooked to Perfection. I can’t say enough good things about any of the wait staff or receptionists in the Lodge. Everyone of them are top notch in the hospitality industry. In fact, there were two that I give the highest rating to of any of the 1,000’s of waitresses I’ve ever had serve me from all over the country. A super wonderful time and to find two of the VERY BEST waitresses working in the same facility made this an even more special time for me. Thank You everyone for such a great 3-day visit!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I always take friends who visit me from the US and Europe knowing that the welcome, the service and the food will be wonderful. I have only eaten on the beautiful deck because the views are so glorious.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The service and staff made our visit that much better. The property is gorgeous and the room was perfect! We will definitely be staying at Callahan's every time we visit Oregon!

Been to Callahan's Mountain Lodge Restaurant? Share your experiences!