“OK food, too expencive for what it is” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
california
“OK food, too expencive for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stopped for lunch at Pangea, most of us ordered the special of the day : a salad with berries and blue cheese. The salad was OK, the berry were a good touch, but at $14.95 for a medium salad, they did not even give you a piece a bread to go with your salad (not even if you ask for it). Service was clumsy, the server did not even bring a knife, only a fork: had to go to the counter to ask for knives- the server was nowhere to be seen. Not exactly a destination spot for food, and way too expensive for what they serve.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank europeanbabeM

Edmonds, Washington
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ate lunch here both days of my visit. Affordable, tasty, cozy, and lots of vegan and gluten free options for those with dietary restrictions. Daily array of tasty soups (they even let me taste a morsel of all of them before I chose what I wanted. Friendly and good service

Visited October 2012
Hillsboro, Oregon
“So many restaurants to choose from - glad we found this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I agree with another reviewer who said if you can only choose one place to eat out on your trip to Ashland, this is a great choice! If I hadn't seen their ad in a tourist brochure, I might have walked right by. We had been craving paninis, so it caught my eye. It was one of the best I've ever tasted, and just the right size for my daughter and I to share. We also enjoyed a delicious bowl of soup. It seems like they cater to vegetarians and those who are looking for organic and gluten-free choices. This wasn't a big deal to me, but I am sure many people out there appreciate that. It was a cozy little place with great atmosphere. It's close to the Shakespeare Festival and we didn't have much time before our play started. I was a little worried when they seemed pretty busy, but it wasn't a problem because the service was quick and friendly. I hope to get back to Ashland and try something else on the menu!

Santa Cruz
“We really loved this restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband & I visited Ashland & loved the town. We both eat very healthy & organic so we were glad to see that Ashland had a good amount of natural restaurants in town. Because we both have to eat a Gluten Free diet, we weren't sure which restaurants we could eat at that would have Gluten Free foods. When we found Pangea Restaurant we were so happy that they had natural foods AND Gluten Free foods as well.

My husband & I both ate one of their G.F. Wraps & they were delicious & filling. We loved Pangea so much that we came back & ate our lunch there again the next day. What a great natural restaurant!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
FORT COLLINS
“if you can fit in only one meal in Ashland, this should be it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Pangea's is on main street-the funky green table and chairs in the front help you locate it. Though a 'hole in the wall', the food is excellent-if you want something more distinctive than a burger and fries. Their soups are the best I have ever eaten-made from scratch and no thickeners or other repulsive add ons. The wraps are terrific and novel--they do like curry and other spices, but you can find out what you are getting ahead of time. With 4 soups to choose from, the cute cash register gal will offer you a tiny cup as a sample. Brownie is not on the diet, but with 3 to eat it, live once in a while. This is a must visit restaurant, but you can leave your fancy clothes home-real down to earth. prices are very fair for the quality.

Visited September 2012