“No tour, and no communication”

Main Street Adventure Tours & Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Southern Oregon's original - Ashland-owned full service Tour Company. We transport and guide guests to the beautiful Rogue & Applegate Wine Country; • provide daily Crater Lake National Park Tours • Jacksonville Historic-Cultural- Interpretive Tours • Bicycle Rentals and downhill Mountain Bike Expeditions • Whitewater Rafting on the Rogue & Klamath Rivers• Stand-Up Lake Paddleboard rentals •Lake & River Kayak Rentals • Wildlife and Birding Tours • Fly fishing plus Bay and Ocean Salmon Fishing
Powell River, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“No tour, and no communication”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I were in Ashland, Oregon to see plays , and decided at the last moment to take a wine tour. I called Main Street tours on the evening of May 28th to book a tour. It was advertised for about $80, I believe. When I phoned I was told it would cost $99, because we were the only participants. I demurred, saying I wanted to meet other people, and was reassured that I would meet people at the various stops. I planned to pay cash, since we had American dollars with us (we are Canadian), but was asked for my credit card information. I presumed (wrongly) that this was necessary to hold our spaces. The following morning I awoke with a vicious migraine, and called immediately to cancel our trip - I called at 8, and the tour wasn't scheduled until 10. No information was given as to a cancellation penalty and I was really in too much pain to inquire. When I returned home, the charge of $199 was on my credit card. I called Visa and was told that credits take longer to process. This month I checked again - no credit. I emailed Main Street, but they have not replied. Their cancellation policy says they will refund 50% except in extenuating circumstances. I have no idea if a headache qualifies for a full refund since when I call, there is only an answering machine. We plan to return to Ashland, but certainly will not use this company. I have asked Visa to cancel the charge as there were no services received. Very disappointing since all our other experiences in Ashland were so positive.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank dorothyjane1942
KingsL, Owner at Main Street Adventure Tours & Rentals, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dorothy Jane and husband,

We are so sorry you experienced frustration over a looked-forward to scheduled wine tour day this past summer 2013. Our guide, lunches and vehicle were ready to pick you two up.

Our refund policy was posted on our website and the day of your migraine headache we heard simply of the cancelation from your husband. We know that migraine headaches hurt enough...

Later in the summer, after hearing from you, our accounting department sent you a 100% refund via your credit card!
Our records show this clearly and we have emailed you a few times since to make sure you understood this.

Please allow the public to know that at times, in extenuating unfortunate circumstances, we will even bend our own policies to refund 100%.

All our best to you !
Hoping you will come back to visit Ashland and take a special, relaxing wine tour while in good health.

Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Cross Country Ski Rental Experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I were staying in the Colestin Valley just south of Mt. Ashland over Christmas this year. We got a lot of snow and wanted to rent cross country skiis for about a week. On Christmas Eve we drove by the Main Street Tours sign in Ashland with a phone number advertising ski rentals. I called the number thinking there'd be no way we could get the skiis on Christmas Eve but was told it would not be a problem and was asked what would be a convenient time to pick them up. We were shopping in Ashland and it took a bit longer than I thought, so I had to call back twice to postpone the meeting time. Finally we settled on 4 p.m. and the owner showed up promptly not only to rent us the skiis (with boots and poles) at a great price, but also gave us a quick and helpful lesson on x-country skiing in the parking lot. All this at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve. We will definitely be back to Ashland and definitely use Main Street Tours again (the wine and rafting tours look great).

Visited December 2012
Bend, Oregon, United States
“Very fun wine tour!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the trip, which included great wine samplings, a lovely tour of quaint Jacksonville, great music, and an overall cultural appreciation of the historical aspects of Southern Oregon. The guide was entertaining and very knowledgeable of the area. A great way to see the area and experience great tasting wines!

Visited March 2012
Nome, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Life changing, light hearted, experienced, and a joy to spend time with”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I recently visited Ashland Oregon with a small theatre group to take in the sights of Ashland and of course see the amazing Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Naturally, we selected a tour organization to guide us and show us the 'hot spots'. Luckily, we were blessed with an amazing tour guide through the company Main Street Tours, Ashland. Oh, let's call him Mr. K. a spacey and scatterbrained local of Ashland (you can read a lower review of Main Street Tours by a less impressed customer using the same moniker) but I'll be the first to tell you that he was a phenomenal guide and an even better friend that went to any lengths to prove our vacation to be the best trip of my life.

The Main Street Tours saw to our every need, 24/7 no matter the circumstance. Mr. K was likable and reliable and suited our taste in a truly individual, unique adventure of the Northwest gem of Ashland. The tour company guided us skillfully down mountains, through the bustling city, and through rippling rapids making sure to use periodic stops and to hydrate and snack. (the snacks were even vegetarian)

As a group of performers, we happen to bring instruments and in our down time played music between biking and rafting expeditions. Mr. K, seeing this, went to such a length as to SECURE US A PERMIT TO PLAY IN DOWNTOWN OREGON AS STREET PERFORMERS! (netting us a hefty 30$ profit from generous donations in a violin case)

Mr. K and Main Street Tours touched our lives and truly made the trip one in a million. Anyone seeking a life-changing, inexpensive, and intimate tour of a city look no further than Main Street Tours.

(Also, if Mr. K happens to read this, Ohio sends his regards)

Visited July 2011
2 Thank StudentofComedy
Victorville, California
“This tour went beyond all of my expectations!”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

The Main Street Tours was beyond excellent. In my opinion it is a must do for anyone visiting Ashland. The tour guide gives a thorough, historically precise and entertaining tour. The tour feels intimate and exclusive. I don't think my trip to Ashland would have been as enjoyable if I had not gone on the tour. My family and I had such a great time on the tour that we are now seriously considering moving to Ashland. That's a tour!

Visited May 2011