“Asian Restaurant facing Lithia Park”

Sesame Asian Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sesame’s menu is inspired by the various cultures of the Far East, representing a fusion of cuisines from the South China Seas. We incorporate fresh Asian vegetables, free-range meats and house-blended spices with other specialty ingredients to create seasonal menus. Local partnerships allow us to feature the best ingredients and we offer beer, wine, sake and specialty cocktails to complete the experience.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We found this to be a good asian fusion type restaurant. We ate lunch here and Max ordered a delicious shrimp and noodle dish that presented Thai flavors. I had to search the menu to find something that wasn't too spicy and our server steered me to the Korean hot pot without the kimchee. Both items were very good!

LISA B, Owner at Sesame Asian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thanks so much, Max and Krista. I'm happy to read you all enjoyed the shrimp and noodles, and the Korean hot pot! Thanks for taking the time to leave me with this feedback. If you're ever in Ashland again in the future, I hope you'll stop in and say hello!

Best,

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Loved the food, decor and service here. The Curried Butternut Squash soup was fantastic and the Imperial Palace Salad delicious. I would be happy to eat here again.

1  Thank subead
LISA B, Owner at Sesame Asian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thanks for the short and sweet review! We're proud of our food and service, and it's always nice to hear positive feedback. You made a fantastic choice with the Curried Butternut Squash soup (it's one of my favorites too). Anytime you get the craving for more, we'll be ready to cook for you.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding service; inviting, minimalist decor in warm colors; great food. We loved their take on pad thai, with duck confit. The Vietnamese/Japanese fish and chips dish with sweet potato fries and Asian cole slaw was similarly delicious. They almost had to roll us out, though, after the sugary bliss of their Thai iced tea shake, made with coconut ice cream!

LISA B, Owner at Sesame Asian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thanks so much for the kind compliments. We're passionate about serving delicious Asian cooking, so I'm thrilled to hear you found everything to be delicious. Great to hear that you enjoyed the shake - we most recently have been offering them as a special to see how they are received! Anytime you get another craving for it, you know where to find us.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

A clueless waitress ruined our experience. Doubt she will be there when you visit so go for the food. None of the apps or entrees had the snap one expects from pan-Asian. I kept searching for the peppers in my Szechuan noodles with beef. The chef needs to be bolder or this will become plain Chinese.

LISA B, Owner at Sesame Asian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Rick, I'm sorry to hear you weren't completely impressed with us. If you you can provide any specifics about your server, I'd really like to look into it. What happened? We truly want all our guests to have a fantastic experience when they dine with us, so I apologize if that wasn't the case. We tend to reign back the heat factor in our dishes to be more approachable to a wider audience. If you like more spice, feel free to request a side of chilies. Please don't hesitate to reach out with more detail.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The wood floors and open seating lead to a very noisy atmosphere. The food (pho and mao po tofu) was overly sweet, rather than oriental spices. It's not as good as it use to be a couple of years ago.

1  Thank dragon55

We put a lot of thought into our dishes, so I'm disappointed to hear you think we've lost our edge. Our pho and mao po tofu shouldn't be overly sweet, but I'll make sure to check with the kitchen about that to make sure there isn't hasn't been any miscommunication with preparation recently. Both those dishes are served with hoisin, creating the sweetness you mention. I'd love to welcome you back for you to try some of our other dishes. Our menu is quite expansive, and I know there's something you'd love. Just check with your server to recommend more savory options.