“Fun food, delicious too!”

Sesame Asian Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 160 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sesame’s menu is inspired by the various cultures of the Far East, representing a fusion of cuisines from the South China Seas. We incorporate fresh Asian vegetables, free-range meats and house-blended spices with other specialty ingredients to create seasonal menus. Local partnerships allow us to feature the best ingredients and we offer beer, wine, sake and specialty cocktails to complete the experience.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Sesame has a large amount of seating, which is what first attracted my party. However, we were quickly won over by their creative menu and tasty delicacies. Some items are less hearty than others, I'd ask my server next time how much food I'm getting with what I wish to order.

LISA B, Owner at Sesame Asian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks for giving us a try, Allison! Creative and tasty is exactly what we're going for, so I'm glad to see we won you over by our menu. We aim to offer hearty portions, and we price our dishes accordingly to accomodate any variations in size. That said, our servers would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about our menu.

Thanks again for reviewing us -- we really appreciate your feedback. Come back and see us soon!

Take care,

There are newer reviews for Sesame Asian Kitchen

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ate outside by the creek, a lovely setting. I ordered the seared ahi salad which was huge and very filling, beautifully presented with a wonderful assortment of veggies. It was a great value at only $12. My husband and son had salmon served over banana leafed wrapped sticky rice. My son, who is a picky eater, and my husband both loved it. It was also an excellent value at $18. Our friends also had beautifully served entrees that they thoroughly enjoyed. We had eaten here a couple of years ago and I did not remember the restaurant being this spectacular. Also our server Daniel and his helpers were top-notch.

Glad you came by after a couple years and gave us another shot, Gena. Hearing that you think we're spectacular put a smile on my face, thank you. I'm also so happy to know that we impressed your son. It's always great to hear that we won over a picky eater with our food!

Thanks for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor -- I really appreciate your kind words about our food and our staff. Come back anytime the cravings hit!

Until then,

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

A little pricey, but good quality and fresh ingredients. Quick service and right next to Lithia Springs Park and the OSF theaters.

LISA B, Owner at Sesame Asian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Stephanie, thanks for this short and sweet review. We're proud to serve fresh and quality ingredients, so I appreciate you mentioning it here. Our prices reflect the cost of the ingredients we use, but we try to keep the up charge as low as possible.

That said, I hope you enjoyed the play you went to see after eating with us. Stop by anytime you're craving more delicious Asian food!

Until then,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ooooohhh, what a pleasure to hear a babbling brook rather than babbling diners while eating wonderful Thai food. They will tell you if the dish is spicy.

Excellent service. A bit expensive but very, very good experience.

So glad you enjoyed the outdoor seating! There's nothing like eating outdoors to make the food taste better, right? We love nothing more than feeding our customers, so it puts a smile on my face to know that you really enjoyed the food. Which dishes did you order?

Thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Stop by whenever you're craving some more delicious Thai food!

All the best,

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Situated right next to Lithia Park, this open and nicely decorated restaurant turned out to be the best Asian food we had in Ashland. The food was presented beautifully, was very tasty, and nicely priced. The service was excellent. Our only complaint was that it is a very noisy room.

LISA B, Owner at Sesame Asian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Good to hear from you, Maggie. The best Asian food you've had in Ashland? What a compliment, thank you! I'm happy to hear we impressed you with our food and that our service was on point. That said, I apologize if the ambiance was a bit too noisy. Although it's sometimes out of our control, we'll be mindful of that going forward.

I appreciate the time you took to leave your thoughts here on Tripadvisor. Come back and see us soon!

Take care,