“Good quick dinner before the play”

Sesame Asian Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sesame’s menu is inspired by the various cultures of the Far East, representing a fusion of cuisines from the South China Seas. We incorporate fresh Asian vegetables, free-range meats and house-blended spices with other specialty ingredients to create seasonal menus. Local partnerships allow us to feature the best ingredients and we offer beer, wine, sake and specialty cocktails to complete the experience.
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

A little pricey, but good quality and fresh ingredients. Quick service and right next to Lithia Springs Park and the OSF theaters.

LISA B, Owner at Sesame Asian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Stephanie, thanks for this short and sweet review. We're proud to serve fresh and quality ingredients, so I appreciate you mentioning it here. Our prices reflect the cost of the ingredients we use, but we try to keep the up charge as low as possible.

That said, I hope you enjoyed the play you went to see after eating with us. Stop by anytime you're craving more delicious Asian food!

Until then,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ooooohhh, what a pleasure to hear a babbling brook rather than babbling diners while eating wonderful Thai food. They will tell you if the dish is spicy.

Excellent service. A bit expensive but very, very good experience.

So glad you enjoyed the outdoor seating! There's nothing like eating outdoors to make the food taste better, right? We love nothing more than feeding our customers, so it puts a smile on my face to know that you really enjoyed the food. Which dishes did you order?

Thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Stop by whenever you're craving some more delicious Thai food!

All the best,

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Situated right next to Lithia Park, this open and nicely decorated restaurant turned out to be the best Asian food we had in Ashland. The food was presented beautifully, was very tasty, and nicely priced. The service was excellent. Our only complaint was that it is a very noisy room.

LISA B, Owner at Sesame Asian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Good to hear from you, Maggie. The best Asian food you've had in Ashland? What a compliment, thank you! I'm happy to hear we impressed you with our food and that our service was on point. That said, I apologize if the ambiance was a bit too noisy. Although it's sometimes out of our control, we'll be mindful of that going forward.

I appreciate the time you took to leave your thoughts here on Tripadvisor. Come back and see us soon!

Take care,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We come about twice a year to Ashland, and have come to be quite loyal to this restaurant. We visit it at least once each time we are here. Even though I remember it as excellent, I am surprised every time at how very good this place is. We are never disappointed and always happy. Each visit seems better than the last.

In general, the flavors of every dish are always well balanced and full of surprising bursts of flavor. We shared duck potstickers, which were light and flavorful. Carol had the mao po tofu with a side of chicken skewers. The dish was a splendid assortment of vegetables and crisp tofu where each ingredient could be tasted separately, and where the sum of the mix was even greater than the individual ingredients. The dish was satisfying enough that there was really no need for the chicken skewers, which it turned out were just a little on the dry side.

I had the sesame plate, which was made up of thinly sliced pork chops marinated in a spicy sauce, piled with crispy fired rice noodles. It is difficult to describe how outstanding this was. The sauce was a perfect complement to the pork, and the pork was both seared and tender, even though the pieces were quite thin.

The portions were perfect and we were thoroughly satisfied at the end of the meal. The outdoor creek side ambiance is a great plus.

This review made my day, thank you! I'm so happy to hear we're your go-to restaurant whenever you visit Ashland, and I loved reading your descriptions of your favorite dishes. Our kitchen works hard to create authentic Asian cuisine, so they'll be thrilled to hear your compliments about the food. I'll be sure to pass along your message. Thanks again for your continued support, and I'm looking forward to your next visit with us! Be sure to say hello next time you're in.

Until next time,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Sesame has the nicest location of any Ashland restaurant; it is right across from the greenery of Lithia Park with tables outside in front, as well as alongside Ashland Creek. The menu lists quite a few interesting entrees, and everything I have ordered there has been delicious. Inside is bright and pleasant with huge windows bringing in the light and view. The restaurant has wonderful ambience and is spotlessly clean. The area is very active in the nice weather and the people-watching is great. The service has always been friendly and competent. I know I'll be back.

1  Thank Peter V

We're proud to serve our customers delicious Asian cuisine, so I'm glad to hear you loved everything you've tried. Thanks for pointing out our location and the ambiance of our restaurant, both inside and outside. As for "interesting entrees", do we serve any particularly inventive dishes that stand out to you?

I appreciate your feedback, Peter!

See you soon,