“Unforgettable dinner - BOTH nights!”

Sesame Asian Kitchen
Ranked #34 of 158 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sesame’s menu is inspired by the various cultures of the Far East, representing a fusion of cuisines from the South China Seas. We incorporate fresh Asian vegetables, free-range meats and house-blended spices with other specialty ingredients to create seasonal menus. Local partnerships allow us to feature the best ingredients and we offer beer, wine, sake and specialty cocktails to complete the experience.
Central Valley, CA
“Unforgettable dinner - BOTH nights!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

On the advice of a perfect stranger whom we met in a parking lot in downtown Ashland the evening of our arrival in Oregon, we had dinner at the Sesame Asian Kitchen. SO delicious! The highest quality and freshness of all ingredients is what you get there. And the flavors - so rich and authentic. My sister and I shared the Papaya, Mango & Pineapple Salad - $11.50 and the Lo Mein - $16.95. Perfect! We loved it so much, that during our return trip 7 days later, we had dinner there again.

• Visited May 2011

Ashland, Oregon
“Our favorite restaurant in Ashland (a town with many good restaurants).”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

If you've got time for just one restaurant in Ashland, Sesame's the one! About the location: you're 50 feet from Lithia Park. You're 50 feet from Ashland Creek (try the creek-side tables). You're right next to the Plaza in the heart of town. Shakespeare is less than 1/4 mile away.My wife and I are criminally picky when it comes to restaurant choices, and we find ourselves addicted to the food served at Sesame. There are so many fine and creatively-prepared entrees, appetizers and specialty drinks that we often eat there twice a week and it takes weeks to repeat the same entree. We often order an appetizer and entree and split them between us. Our bill is usually in the 25-30 dollar range. The ambience is pleasant (with soft non-annoying Asian music in the background)...the wait crew is friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. Joy and laughter emanate from the kitchen frequently. We can't say enough about Sesame...and no one's paying us for this glowing report! Do not miss eating here!

• Visited July 2011
Roseville, California
“so good for lunch had to come back for dinner”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Ashland has many fine restaurants and this should be considered one of them. Lunch of lettuce wraps and Vietnamese fish and sweet potato chips was so good we to come back for dinner of cedar plank salmon with noodles in wasabi sauce. Outstanding! Will definitely eat here again when back in Ashland for more plays.

• Visited June 2011
Ferndale, Washington
“One Great Experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Location is so important for a successful business, Sesame has it, over looking the creek and across from the park, easy walking distance to the theaters, and lots of parking. But a really good restaurant needs great food, great service, and great atmosphere, Sesame has all three as well. Between the 3 of us we had 4 dishes, all prepared and presented in a classy fashion by extremely friendly staff. The decor stands out and anyone can feel comfortable enjoying a fabulous meal. One delightful experience.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank DaveWSI
Oregon
“NOPE /Beef salty tough, fish mushy, ribs good, service reasonable, return? NO”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I hate to do this but over the last few visits, they have gone down hill, visit after visit.
I am local, I used to recommend Sesame, even after a couple of not so good meals, thinking they must have had an "off" day, or a new cook........But I am not going back.
Tthis is April 1 2011. First Friday, busy day, how sad, I am writing you off Seasame. and Ashland is not kind to restaurants who are not consistent. If you want to survive, you'd better keep a consistent quality.
Great location, good workers who try hard, but the food was NOT GOOD.
And the wait staff, was sweet but not tuned in to notice how much food was left behind, She kept asking," Is it Perfect?, Awesome!", and never really wanted to know how it really was.
I had my old stand by, fish and sweet potato fries. the fish was totally inedible, so soft and mushy, made me gag. The portions are smaller and smaller each visit, the salad under the fries was terrible, they had not even taken the stems off of the cilantro. Very sloppy. The beef was inedible, tough and chewy and so salty, we left it behind.the only thing that was good was the Mogolian rib. it was meaty and cooked well. and flavorful. I wonder if the owner read this. I hope so.

• Visited April 2011