“family stop on way to San Fran”

Ashland Rodeway Inn
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
“family stop on way to San Fran”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We were hesitant to stay here given the photos, but reviews were great. Ended up being a great late night stop and out the door the next morning hotel. Friendly staff. Breakfast met our needs, but not fancy. Albertsons within a few blocks for food/items. We were provided a single story room that allowed us to back in, unload our gear quickly. Internet was fast. Impressed with the remodeled shower. Bed covers look like 80s. Bring your own pillow, as the hotel provided are more a set of throw pillows.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeff P
Ashland Rodeway I, Guest Relations Manager at Ashland Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and to acknowledge the efforts of our hardworking staff to be as accommodating, helpful, and welcoming as possible. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to impress you with our hospitality, comfort, and convenience have been successful. We're glad you had a great time with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Tushar not only allowed us to check in two hours early (which enabled us to shower and unload the car before a 1:30 play - - a lifesaver). He also noticed that I'd booked through a third party website, and offered me a rate $18 cheaper than the "best published rate" I currently had then helped me cancel the previous reservation.

Then after checking out I received a call from the hotel. My son had left his iPad charger, and they not only saved it but also contacted us immediately! They then offered to mail it to us at the UPS store, with no charge for their service.

The rooms were quiet and clean, albeit somewhat worn, and a great value for the price, especially in Ashland.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Read V
Ashland Rodeway I, Manager at Ashland Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken
the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. I have shared your compliments with our staff and thank you for giving me the opportunity to
recognize them for a job well done! We want you to feel like family and if our staff is making you feel this welcomed and at home,
then we know we're doing our job! We're glad you had a great time with us and we look forward to serving you again!
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed in Ashland to hike and take in some cultural events. I asked if I could have a view of the beautiful hills, and they upgraded me for only $10.00 more. My room was upstairs and had two queen beds. The window looked out on the hills for beautiful sunsets. Yes, I could also see the freeway, but with the windows closed, it was quiet. The room was very clean. The air conditioner and the TV worked well. It had a small fridge, a microwave and was very comfortable- there was even a bath tub!
Right next to the Ashland Roadway Inn is a bus stop. You can just hop on and be downtown in 10 minutes. Or you can walk, which I often did, as I love wandering the cute neighborhoods of Ashland. Also next to the Roadway Inn is an Albertsons grocery store, a Rite Aide, as well as a few restaurants: a Subway, a pizza place and a late night spot right next to the Inn, called The Wild Goose, which is convenient as most restaurants downtown close early.
There is a pool, but I did not try it. Their breakfast was a selection of hot or cold cereal (milk in the fridge) pastry, and fresh fruit. Not excellent, but adequate. It would have been nice to have toast, yogurt and hard boiled eggs as options. Great value for the money: huge clean room.

Room Tip: If you want to have a view, select an upstairs room. If you want a quieter room, you might want to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Pat701
Ashland Rodeway I, Guest Relations Manager at Ashland Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I am glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our service to be welcoming. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a couple times on trips through Ashland. Positive experience on all counts. Clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and professional. Can't do better on a budget. Will definitely be back.

Also, the Wild Goose in the parking lot is a huge plus! Great joint with a great menu with live music in the bar last time I visited.

• Stayed July 2014
Ashland Rodeway I, Guest Relations Manager at Ashland Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you have rated our hospitality and accommodations so highly! It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home and that you experienced no difficulties with our services or amenities. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

After a long 7 hour drive from San Jose, CA the staff member was very friendly and had the perfect clean and cozy room ready for us even when checking in at 2am. Bonus points an extra hour for check out!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ashland Rodeway I, Guest Relations Manager at Ashland Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. It means a lot to hear from guests who are satisfied with all of our services and amenities. Thank you for sharing this review.
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I usually don't stay at the Rodeway portion of the Choice hotel network. But this one was a pleasant surprise. Room had a fridge that worked well, didn't try / need the microwave. The two sinks was pretty handy. Clean, well kept property, good amount of parking (I had a trailer) and good location right off the freeway with gas stations & a Rite aid drug store near by ( easy walking distance). The breakfast was nothing to get excited over, so we went to the restaurant that was on the same lot (not affiliated with the hotel).The Wifi worked well, and was faster than a lot of other places I have stayed. The AC worked very well and even shut off completely once temp was met (with lots of hotel AC units the fan runs all the time, usually very noisily). We were there 3 nights, but I could see this being a great place for a person traveling thru Ashland due to it's freeway close location. not a lot of bumbling around town to find the place or food / fuel.
All in all a good value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ashland Rodeway I, Guest Relations Manager at Ashland Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to impress you with our hospitality, comfort and convenience have been successful. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The front desk lady really makes you feel welcome and is super helpful. Nice clean rooms. Ours even has view of the mountains. Easy access to the freeway. Close to restaurants etc. Half the price of rooms 2 miles closer to downtown. I'd stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank lew w
I am glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our service to be welcoming. I am especially happy that you enjoyed your view of the mountains! It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. Thank you for sharing this review.