“Got what we paid for”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Seattle, Washington
“Got what we paid for”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were heading to Ashland for the Shakespeare festival and stayed here the first night as we got in late and didn't feel the need to pay $100/night more to be walking distance to the theaters and main part of town (which we did for the next three nights).

The room was clean, the bed was fine, and the wi-fi Internet connection worked very well. The breakfast was minimal, but did have some fruit in addition to the standard packaged pastries and cereal.

The only minor problem was the noise from the restaurant across the parking lot. It wasn't too loud and didn't last too late, but this was a cool Wednesday night. I can see how it might be a problem on a warm Saturday night when the outside tables are likely to be occupied well past our bedtime.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side adjacent to the office, as far away from the restaurant as possible, to avoid...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SeattleBuster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed 2 nights while in town for the theater.
Our room (2nd level) had newer carpets, paint and fridge.
While older, everything was clean and we were happy wth the pice/value. We didn't use the pool, though it looked very clean.
We stayed here for 1 night last year, and had a similar experience.
If you are looking for a basic room to sleep and clean up, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms have a view of the hills
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DebbieCPDX
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed one night. Courteous staff. Beds okay. Smelled clean but after my shower, I walked barefoot for 10 minutes and my feet were black. I nearly slipped and
Fell getting into the shower due to the fact there were no anti slip strips.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Annieoakly127
tombeech, Front Office Manager at Ashland Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for positive response about our rooms. I'm sorry the dirty carpet in you room, and about the lack of anti-slip strips in the shower area. Since you have brought this to our attention, we have taken steps to remedy these situations.
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was a second stop on a 9 day road trip. We were in town to see a couple of plays. I was traveling with 2 tweens. The room was clean and appeared to have some recent renovations. The motel is close to the freeway, but we couldn't hear the traffic. The large refrigerator was nice. The pool was clean, appeared well maintained, and was loved by the kids.

Unfortunately, we had ants in our room. The continental breakfast was very basic juice, individually packaged pastries, and coffee. Also, a support post to the second level was badly damaged and made me wonder how long it would hold.

Overall, I feel like I got what I paid for. Decent value and I would be willing to stay here again. The staff was nice. It wasn't near the theatre, but for the price I didn't expect it to be. It would be great if the management could improve the breakfast. Maybe make a deal with a local bakery to at least have better pastries. And bring in an exterminator.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

but not luxurious. The room was basic w/ good King bed, good AC, and a GREAT iew of the hills. There was outside noise, so this might not be the place for you if you are a restless sleeper, and it quite a distance from the downtown area and festival locale. However, it has a nice pool, a basic continental breakfast, Internet, and a FANTASTIC restaurant (wild Goose Cafe) right in front. We are not there for the hotels. All our time is spent at Shakespeare Festival or outdoors, so the room is just a place to sleep, and it fit the bill for us nicely?

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near the gas station as those are ths noisiest! We stayed in 126 bit were not bother...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I checked into the Rodeway Inn in Ashland, Oregon at 6pm. Having driven from Vancouver, Canada, I was hungry and quickly dropped my bags off in the room and went into town to have dinner and take in the sights. I returned to my room shortly after 10pm. While getting ready for bed, I noticed several yellow stains on the sheets & found a couple of bugs that appeared be bed bugs. I also found dirt, crumbs and a SCREW on top of the mattress. Even the carpet by the bed frame hadn't been properly vacuumed. Needless to say there was no way I would spend the night in a filthy, bug-infested bed. I checkout out, complained to the the night attendant. After several calls, the manager has not called me back and neither has the corporate office. Rodeway refused to issue me a refund but Hotels.com kindly gave me a credit. See my photos of the dirty room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GlobetrotterSteve
tombeech, Guest Relations Manager at Ashland Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
the reason for not giving the refund is after staying in room after 5to6 hrs and when they decide to checked out they feel they would make some issue and will get refunded,and no hotel or motel gonna give refund after using the room after couples of hrs and he pour some liquid seem like juice and took the picutre and some food on matterss and just trying to escape from this issue and just intense to get refund and when the front desk checked the room the sheet was wet and shower was used so after using the amenities and thinking about refund and doesnt feel any shame for that and the sheets use to come from linen company the they dont to rent those sheets which would hurt there bussiness.

Travelers are raving about these Ashland hotels

Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We chose this hotel as our first stop on a 10 day road trip to CA from WA. We were looking for a decent clean place to stay, and we got it. It definitely is an aging motel, but we felt good about the choice, and the lady who worked check-in was super nice!! We stayed downstairs, so that we could park our car right outside the door. After a 7 hour drive, and 88 degrees, the pool was a much enjoyed respite...not too private as it is in the middle of the parking lot and next to a bar/restaurant, but we still felt safe. The motel is right next to the freeway and it is really quiet...we were surprised at that because our room was just across from the Wild Goose bar, which had late hours. The two items that I did not care for, was the continental breakfast area and the initial odor when entering the room. The complimentary breakfast consisted of cold cereal and individually wrapped pastries....we were very thankful for a refrigerator in the room to keep our cold food cold! And truly, the odor was not that bad...as I said before, the motel is old, and the room smelled like it used to maybe be a smoking room. p.s. stayed with my hubby and 12 year old child...would stay here again for the price!

Room Tip: Lower rooms have parking right next to the window/door
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family