“What a little gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Loomis, California
“What a little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed there a while back, but I remembered this place when my parents were looking for a place to stay near Ashland and recommended it to them.

It is little drive from Ashland, but well worth it. The prices are unbeatable and the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly!

We stayed in room #5. It was very clean and comfortable. It has a jetted tub, shower, fireplace, mini-fridge, microwave, and huge king bed with very soft sheets.

We had dinner at the restaurant and it was amazing! The chips and salsa were house made and the fettuchini alfredo was some of the best I'd ever had.

I will be staying here again when we drive through Oregon. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank apartmentshopper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

What a dream vacation we had at the Green Springs Inn. I really had no idea what to expect when my husband booked it. I have to say, I was nervous when we pulled up. But boy was I wrong! I loved it there so much, I really did not want to leave and come back to the city (and while we were planning to stay one night, we ended up coming back three days later for a second night).

The cabins are wonderful. They are equipped with everything you need (and more). The beds are supremely comfortable, the linens are so nice, the showers are great, even the kitchens are equipped with both a regular coffee maker and a French press! The food at the restaurant was phenomenal. I think I ate my weight in coconut cream pie. And, my dogs loved it as much as my husband and I did. Thank you, thank you for a wonderful visit. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim H
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Oregon's Highway 66 follows a spur of the old Oregon Trail. The Inn looks pretty back-woods. I wanted to kidnap my wife for a quick 3-day without a long drive. Looking on-line, I saw the lodge rooms AND the cabins...what is with these cabins? You don't see them from the Inn, nor from the road. That's part of the good news. The cabins are built from lumber milled on-site, from trees cut on the property. Each cabin could be a substantial house, elsewhere! The furnishings are all Ikea and well done. So often, cabins come with the "country chic" decorations, but not this time! Clean, comfortable, well designed, almost Euro-styled if you could imagine the combination of cabin&European design! A huge deck, an enclosed hot-tub large enough for several people, a separate screened-in sun room, a large stone-tiled shower and a small wood burning stove complete the cabin. We stayed in one without access to a sleeping loft, but most have these as well.
Hyatt Lake is a short drive away, and a canal for the Green Springs resevoir runs along the downhill side of the property with a dirt access road providing a easy walk or bike ride in good weather.
We had a wonderful, romantic, private woodsy time a short drive from home! We will be back.

Room Tip: Look on-line. Mayfield Gardens is the most private with an expansive view. Boccard Point may be the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ty M
Milwaukie, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

After living in Ashland and working at Southern Oregon University for about 3 years I'd heard talk about Green Springs Inn as sort of a local joke, i.e. "he wanted to take me to the Green Springs, but i'm holding out for Bend." I formed a mental picture of the place as kind of a Niagara Falls hotel, tired and sort of goofy. I was wrong.

We stayed three nights in the smallest of their cabins (Chinquapin Mountain) and it was fabulous. It rained buckets the whole time, but we didn't care; we had a wood stove, a double shower, a big jetted tub on the back deck and forest views from every window. Plus seeing as how this was a birthday/Valentine’s mini-vacation, we had brought enough wine to last a week in case the rain suddenly changed to snow and we were snowed in.

All the other cabins were empty the first night so we peeked in all the windows while walking our dog. The next night every cabin was booked, but unlike the cabin rentals closer to Hyatt Lake there’s plenty of distance between the Green Springs cabins so you never feel crowded.

The larger cabins are perfect for groups or folks with children, but for couples, even with a huge dog, the smallest cabin is perfect with the following caveats. First, the on-demand tankless water heater is a bit touchy; showers are either chilled or scalding. Use care until you get a feel for it. Second, the loft is ill-advised for sleeping if you’ve even had one bout of sleepwalking. Third, a jetted tub is not a hot tub. You cannot fill it with lukewarm water, turn on the jets, and expect it to come up to temp. The cabin’s water heater is up to the task, but at a reduced flow volume, so be prepared to devote some time to tub-filling.

We walked to the restaurant one night (maybe a quarter mile, don’t forget the flashlight!) but opted just to sit at the low bar and have a couple beers. It was perfectly serviceable but we were both glad we had our own food waiting back at the cabin. It was quite a mixed bag of patrons in the small front dining space. Ashlanders, Portlanders, Californians, and some locals, which according to the owner is a normal evening. One couple was happy to see “pho-spiced” on the menu whereas the two scruffy women seated near us at the bar asked “pho? What the hell is pho?” The staff was mostly high school girls more into talking with each other than working, but don’t get me wrong, it’s not bad, it is what it is.

We had breakfast there our last morning after packing up and before heading “down the hill” for home, and it was pretty good “diner normal.” All in all it was a great experience only about 17 miles (twisty miles without guardrail at many points) from Ashland.

Room Tip: I can't address the rooms at the lodge, but all of the cabins have excellent views and ample par...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeremy S
Half Moon Bay, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

My lovely wife and I just spent five enjoyable days at the Green Springs Inn. We stayed in room 2 of the lodge and pretty much had the lodge to ourselves in the off season. The lodge was quiet, reasonably spacious and the bed was superbly comfortable. A great place to relax. Our dog Eliza enjoyed the spacious grounds. Our room had an enclosed porch with a hot tub which worked well even if it was a bit chill outside. The staff was friendly.

The food was exceptionally good for a place in the middle of nowhere. The sour dough pancakes were a taste treat I wouldn't expect. The staff opened a fresh bottle of wine for my wife when the glass she ordered wasn't quite right.

We will definitely return for another relaxing stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HarveyRarback
Keizer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of the lodge rooms with a jetted tub in a private deck. It was the perfect way to recover from a half marathon! We checked out their cabins while we were there and decided to come back with our kids for the week after Christmas!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at Green Springs Inn in the Boccard Point cabin. It was a spacious one bedroom cabin with lovely views of the surrounding mountains. No TV or internet, just a nice wood stove, games to play, books to read and the occasional trip to Ashland. Perfect for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple