“I Hope No One Else Finds Out About This Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bad Taste BnB

Bad Taste BnB
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
Bad Taste BnB
You added Bad Taste BnB to your Saves list
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
“I Hope No One Else Finds Out About This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

So why am I writing a review about a place that I fervently hope stays relatively undiscovered? Because it's only fair to Mouna, the wonderful owner of this fantastic mountain retreat. This place has everything you could want for a real getaway - including getting away from several aspects of modern life, such as tv, internet, traffic, tourists...It's a lovely, light-filled house with windows windows windows, which look out on gorgeous meadow, forest, and mountain views. You can't believe how beautiful it is in the snow! but it's also sublime in the springtime, when we took a few pictures on our camera phones. Families of deer drift across the meadow, birds tweet in the trees, hawks drift over the trees. This place is seriously relaxing, and fun, inside and out! Mouna has a great sense of coziness and humor in her decor, and she was so cool and welcoming and helpful both times we've stayed there. You will love this place. We do!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

I have stayed here several times in the past few years when I've come to Ashland for Shakespeare or in the winter to ski. I've come with 1 other person and I've come with 4 friends. I almost don't want to tell people about this place for fear that I'll have trouble getting a reservation. This BnB is a renovated barnhouse that is quiet, beautiful, serene and a much cheaper alternative to staying directly in Ashland. Its located near Mt. Ashland, directly south of Ashland, about 20-30min drive into Ashland .

There's no TIVO, no TV and no high speed internet access, so if that's what you are looking for, you should find another option. If you are looking for a homey, comfortable, breathtaking mountain retreat surrounded by trees and wildflowers, this is the place. The website has plenty of pictures but its hard to tell just how spacious this place is-it can sleep at least 4 comfortably, with rooms on several levels. It is so quiet and a plethora of songbirds are the only noise I heard the last time I was there-in fact, just about every time I've been there. There is a train that goes through the valley at most once a day, but I slept through that two of the three days I was there so that should tell you something about how loud that is-I am not known as a deep sleeper either.

The innkeeper is very friendly, accommodating and gladly welcomes children. This is great for families or couples. I am so glad I stumbled on this place when I couldn't get a reservation in town.
If I had to sum it up in one word, I say its "idyllic"-assuming you want to commune with nature and to get a way from TV and the internet etc.

• Liked — The surrounding natural beauty-trees, stars, meadows, deer, birds
  • Disliked — The wood stove-necessary in the winter and more work than I'm used to
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple