“Terrific Wood Fired Pizza and Convivial Atmosphere”

Standing Stone Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 162 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I had spent quite a lot of money on dinner the evening before (many places in Ashland seem to cost over $20 per person for just the entree) we ate at Standing Stone, so we wanted to find a place that wouldn't cost as much but that would still have a creative, fun menu. This place was exactly that! We were seated almost immediately. There were lots of tasty options on their menu, but we both chose the pizza special, which included spinach, fresh ricotta, and house-made sausage. We also started off by sharing a whole artichoke as an appetizer. One pizza was probably too small for two people for dinner unless you added a salad to start with, but fortunately, we each ordered our own pizza and it was definitely enough to eat. The price for the pizzas is under $15 apiece, if I remember correctly. There were lots of other good choices for dinner on the menu if pizza is not what you like to eat. The wait staff was great. All the diners were clearly enjoying the upbeat, bustling atmosphere. The only thing I regret is that I'm not able to offer any opinion as to the beer, since I'm not a beer drinker. My friend and I enjoyed a half carafe of the house red wine instead, which was reasonably priced. All in all, a great place for lunch or dinner. If I return to Ashland, I will definitely go here again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate here at the suggestion of the owner of the Country Willows B & B. What a treat for the travel weary. Warm casual atmosphere with family friendly service.

They have an extensive prinited menu plus an eight foot by ten foot chaulk board of fresh to day specials.

As the name implies this is also a working brewery. Although I am not much of a beer enthusiast the server let me try a sample. Here suggestion was very good with the dinner; it must be that fresh thing.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This place always has really amazing specials on the board every week. I t can get pricy but even an app and a beer from their selection of home brews is well worth the trip. Great summer seating too.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good beer & food, plus a chance to hang with the locals. People were friendly & welcoming as we ate at the bar. Loved the sweet potato fries, brussel sprouts, artichokes, & burger. Lots of options for my vegan traveling companion.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The food here is pretty good, though a bit pricey for what you get. Fancy burgers and the like. Good selection of beer, and the taster is a good bargain. It can be a bit of a wait to get a table, and the hostesses often seem kind of harried. The servers are efficient, though. Parking can be difficult, so arrive early.

Been to Standing Stone Brewing Company? Share your experiences!