“Worth a Stop!”

Standing Stone Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good beer & food, plus a chance to hang with the locals. People were friendly & welcoming as we ate at the bar. Loved the sweet potato fries, brussel sprouts, artichokes, & burger. Lots of options for my vegan traveling companion.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The food here is pretty good, though a bit pricey for what you get. Fancy burgers and the like. Good selection of beer, and the taster is a good bargain. It can be a bit of a wait to get a table, and the hostesses often seem kind of harried. The servers are efficient, though. Parking can be difficult, so arrive early.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Standing Stone has been one of my family's go-to dinner restaurants in Ashland for years, and it only keeps getting better. The menu is diverse and full of locally-grown, fresh veggies and meat, with both meat-lover and vegetarian dishes. In fact, a vegan friend makes this his favorite place in Ashland, although there are only a few totally vegan dishes. I recommend the pasta, the blackened salmon salad, the ribs, and any special fish of the night. But everything is excellent, honestly. The beer is excellent and constantly changing, and in addition to the 5 in-house brews you have an excellent selection of other regional beers on tap. There's a bar that's usually busy every night of the week, large dining rooms including one which can be reserved for a large party of 20 or more, and a nice seasonal patio. There's usually a live guitar player on weekend nights. And the staff is great. Overall, one of the most consistent and reliable places to have a good quality meal in Ashland. It's busy even on weeknights in the middle of winter while OSF is closed, which is a testament to how much of a local following they have.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a great place with fresh variety on the menu, great options of beer and a friendly wait staff. You have to time it right to be able to get a table though as the waiting time is easily 50+ minutes or more most often. Many people like to hit this place before the theatre and unless you get there very early you can't get seated, order, eat and get to the show on time. We can only go there if we know we have plenty of time to wait.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We dined at the Standing Stone fairly late at night -- after 9 PM on a Friday night. The menu was large, offering pizzas, salads, curried dishes, fish and steak. My companions chose a curried dish, an alder-planked salmon dinner and a hamburger while I ordered the Italian sausage pizza and a side salad. The couple that was with us ordered a beer sampler, which was presented nicely. The gentleman who ordered the curry liked it and finished it all. I found my ample pizza to be under-baked and a bit greasy and I thought the salad dressing too oily as well, although I enjoyed the slightly sweetened roasted walnuts tucked in among the greens. Both the salmon eater and the hamburger gal said that they had had better versions of their entrees. I would eat here again if it were my only option, but I wouldn't choose it over other places in town.